PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Denver CO

Coopers ST
08-06-2014, 09:03 PM
So I accepted a job in Denver starting Sept 1. My office is very close to Coors Field. Where would you be looking for a place to live? I have kids in school, so safety, then good schools come first.

Next question, I am going to go down a month or so early and will need a short term rental, or long term Hotel. Again, where would you be looking? I really don't need a place for schools, but money would come first. I would like to be $1,000 or close per month.

Thanks

BrandonS
08-06-2014, 09:15 PM
why not rent for six months or a year and get to know the area before you buy. It may save you money in the long run to find a good deal without time constraints and know the area. Good luck, Colorado is beautiful.

Belair
08-06-2014, 09:25 PM
Coors is in the heart of the city, so unless you want to pay an arm & a leg for a closet sized space you'll be commuting which is no big deal - public transportation is good. How long of a commute would be OK? 45 minutes would be average for the local suburbs during rush hour. I don't know much about the schools except some areas are better to live than others, like any other city.

As for the short term rental, you'll need a furnished place & I think they're hard to come by unless you stay at a Holiday Inn Express or Hampden Suite or one of those. You can check the Denver Post online for short term rentals. I have a friend who has rental properties downtown & I can refer you to her if you'd like to see what she has or what she'd recommend.

We should probably send PM's rather than posting here. Joe.

wdmaccord
08-06-2014, 10:19 PM
LoDo (area around Coors Field) is an awesome area, but agree with others that you won't get much for your money down there. Highlands Ranch is nice south of the city and isn't too bad of a commute from there to downtown. Other nice areas between Highlands Ranch and downtown would be Denver Tech Center, Meridian, Greenwood Village, Cherry Hills, etc. There are also a couple nice areas around Flatiron Crossing Mall between Denver and Boulder off the Boulder Turnpike.