PDA

View Full Version : two grit guards necessary

hvaughn
08-04-2007, 01:39 PM
I understand the concept of using two buckets. One for wash, and one for rinse.
And it makes sense to place a grit guard in the rinse bucket to help get the dirt
off of the mit. Is it necessary to have a grit guard in the wash bucket? If so,
for what purpose?

thanks!

Thejoyofdriving
08-04-2007, 01:41 PM
I have never heard of someone placing a grit guard in the wash bucket, but I guess you could, extra protection againts particals. But not necessary IMO.

trhland
08-04-2007, 01:45 PM
i use one in each because the 2 buckets each came with one so what the heck. but to tell the truth after done washing my truck . i check the soapy water bucket and its always clean .

FMINUS
08-04-2007, 02:18 PM
Most people have one in each

D
08-04-2007, 02:46 PM
I only use one in my rinse bucket. Dont notice any dirt in the soap bucket.

Gotta take this back because I found some dirt in my soap bucket today.

PhaRO
08-04-2007, 02:56 PM
I suppose there is a benefit to using two but it would have to be small. I figure by the time you have rinsed the mitt you are just going to dunk it in the wash bucket. Any dirt that would scratch should have settle to the bottom and unless you are swirling the mitt around shouldn't be a problem. I thought I read of people using two gaurds in each bucket before. Seems to me at that point you could just buy a few dozen wash mitts and not need a rinse bucket or gaurd. Just grab a new mitt each time you dunk lol.

jmillican
08-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Actually, I use 1 Grit Guard in my wash bucket, 2 in my rinse bucket and a 3rd in the rinse bucket to use as a scrubber for whatever I am using to wash the car.