PDA

View Full Version : After Iron-X, do I need to apply gloss?

ilian11
08-06-2014, 02:41 PM
Ok, so I know that Iron-X will remove some wax when applied and it makes sense why. But will it remove gloss? I use the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0.

Also, if it does strip the gloss, I assume it doesn't take it 100% off, can I go to a few squirts of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant or should I give it a nice layer of of WGDGPS3.0 with the machine?

Quiksilver5882
08-06-2014, 02:53 PM
By gloss, do you mean sealant or shine? If you mean sealant, most likely yes since Iron X ears contamination for breakfast 😃. I would apply a new coat of sealant after using iron x. I further would recommend a light polish prior to that sealant.

Hope this helps!

mwoolfso
08-06-2014, 03:03 PM
IronX will definitely impact the durability of the sealant to say the least. I am not sure if it strips the wax completely off every square inch of surface though.

Can you use the spritz sealant? Sure can. However, you won't get the same durability that is comparable with the pure sealant.

What makes you want to apply IronX now, after you applied the sealant? You can wait until the next time to go through a major detail so you get as much bang for the buck on your current protection layer. That's my recommendation at this point.

allenk4
08-06-2014, 03:16 PM
If you are going to the expense of using Iron-X...IMO, it is best to complete the process by a light claying (http://www.autogeek.net/ultra-fine-poly-clay.html) and re-application of your LSP

ilian11
08-06-2014, 03:40 PM
What makes you want to apply IronX now, after you applied the sealant? You can wait until the next time to go through a major detail so you get as much bang for the buck on your current protection layer. That's my recommendation at this point.

Noticed a few spots of rail dust and it's bugging the crap out of me. Only one panel is affected.

Mike Phillips
08-06-2014, 03:58 PM
Ok, so I know that Iron-X will remove some wax when applied and it makes sense why.

But will it remove gloss?

It certainly won't increase gloss....

If it were me, at a minimum I would re-seal after washing and drying.

:)

ilian11
08-07-2014, 09:03 AM
Thanks everyone! Great advise on here as usual. :)