PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Yakima, Washington

Gaijin
08-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Greetings everyone, I thought it would be appropriate if I said hello. My name is Lance, I own Centurion's Elite detailing and paint restoration. I have just opened my business after doing this as a hobby for quite a while. I have been on here quite a few times and have learned a lot about things to do...and things not to do. I am married, and have a 20 year old daughter. My website, unfinished right now, is centurionselite.net. Please feel free to look at it and let me know what you think, I would welcome all constructive suggestions for improvement.

Thanks,
Lance

Mike Phillips
08-05-2014, 03:18 PM
Greetings everyone, I thought it would be appropriate if I said hello.

My name is Lance, I own Centurion's Elite detailing and paint restoration.

Hi Lance,

Welcome to AutogeekOnline! :welcome:

When I lived in Yakima, somehow I was introduced to a guy in Yakima that owned a small car collection including 2 - 1959 Cadillacs and 1 - 1960 Cadillac. Story was when gas prices spiked the the 1970's people were giving these things away and he bought all kinds of gas guzzling land yacht's and just stored them on his property.

I bought one 1959 and the 1960 and drug them all the way back to Oregon and sold them for a profit. Kept the horn ring out of the 1959 for one of my own 1959's.

What I remember was that was a long drive!

Isn't there a big street rod and boat show there each year?

:welcome:

Paul Mitchell
08-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Welcome from a guy who grew up in Selah!

Pureshine
08-05-2014, 06:45 PM
Welcome Lance good to see someone else from PNW. Looked at your website looks good. The font is a little hard to read and engine cleaning should be an add on. Please feel free to take a look at my website for any ideas you may want to use. Its needs to be easy to read and to the point.
Pure Shine Auto Detailing - Home (http://www.pureshinedetailing.com)

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
08-05-2014, 10:57 PM
Welcome to AGO Lance!

refreshauto
08-05-2014, 11:35 PM
Welcome to Autogeek

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AG Online

Gaijin
08-06-2014, 12:47 AM
Thanks everyone for the welcome. I am pretty excited to finally do this for a living. Yeah, Mike, Pacific Northwest Vintiques just finished this last weekend (August 4th was the last day). They had around 700 cars registered, it was awesome. I was fortunate to have detailed a 64 Chevy Nova SS that was chosen to receive an award for safest car. There are a couple of pictures on www.facebook.com/centurionselite. They aren't of the Nova getting the award, but they are still there. I'm hoping to go to the car show in Cle Elum in a couple weeks. Should be lots of fun.
Thanks Pureshine for the input, I'll check with my secretary/website developer/daughter and see about making changes. I still plan on adding one more detail package, so some things are probably going to get moved around.
I can tell you that I have learned quite a bit from this forum, it has been an experience learning from the knowledge of others here. I hope to learn more, much more, and also to share my experiences.
Paul Mitchell, from Selah, really? I'll keep that between us. :-) My son actually graduated from Selah and took third in State wrestling (145 lbs)...fun times.

hernandez.art13
08-06-2014, 12:56 AM
Welcome, liked your page btw.

Your logo is really in your face. Like BANG! Here I am! (looks good and I like it :props:)

BillE
08-06-2014, 07:09 AM
Welcome (from an Ex-'Wet Sider')

Bill