PDA

View Full Version : Griot's 6" DA buffer/polisher on back order

Jertronic
08-05-2014, 10:15 AM
Is there a lenght of back order that anyone is aware of? I'm trying to order one of these after hemming and hawing for months.

Figures that when I'm finally ready to pull trigger, the item goes on backer order.

RobertJ34
08-05-2014, 10:43 AM
Not sure about polishers but I've ordered items on here on back order. I called Nick, he took care of it, and it was still quick (I'm in FLA so my shipping is one day) when the item was on back order, I got it in 2 days.

Maybe call Nick and see what he can do or what he knows.

Setec Astronomy
08-05-2014, 10:45 AM
Even direct from Griot's they show not available until 9/2, but they do have the longer-cord version...perhaps AG has that in stock also (unclear from the store here). As noted, a phone call to AG will confirm both.

Ckundred
08-05-2014, 11:09 AM
There's been some speculation (and that's all it is) that you could see them offer a clone with a bigger throw--like the Rupes. Have they ever been backordered for this long? Could they be coming out with something new?

I don't know, just guessing/wondering...

Klasse Act
08-05-2014, 11:48 AM
There's been some speculation (and that's all it is) that you could see them offer a clone with a bigger throw--like the Rupes. Have they ever been backordered for this long? Could they be coming out with something new?

I don't know, just guessing/wondering...

If they end up coming out with one with a longer throw I'd consider it for sure because I know this, its going to be a quality product and will have the lifetime warranty and would be available with the 25 ft cord hard wired for a fair price, I'll be watching for this one if it does come out for sure!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

trekkeruss
08-05-2014, 12:05 PM
I would assume that Griot's would offer the long-throw Rupes clone as an addition to their line and not a replacement of the current model. At least that's what I would do if I were them.

KMdef9
08-05-2014, 12:56 PM
Still available on amazon...