PDA

View Full Version : Rupes bigfoot mini

Ahmed85
08-04-2014, 09:18 PM
hello every one ....

this is my first post.
have a question regarding the Rupes bigfoot mini.

every time i attach a pad foam or microfiber from meguiars or other brands and start the machine the pad just flies off and does not stick to the backing plate .
seams like the hook and loop system on the backing plate is too weak .
does any one have same problem ,and what can be done to prevent this from happening .
and last any one has any problems or tricks for using the mini polisher from Rupes .

allenk4
08-04-2014, 09:20 PM
Are you placing the pad on the surface of the paint before you turn it on?

Ahmed85
08-04-2014, 09:25 PM
yes i do place it on the paint before turning it on it holds up a bit but keeps flying away .
the lower the speed the longer it stay on but eventually shoots away very aggressively .

allenk4
08-04-2014, 09:28 PM
Which specific pads are you trying?

- Brand
- Size
- New or Used
- What polish/compound

Any details will help someone on the Forum better assist you

Ahmed85
08-04-2014, 09:34 PM
i used meguiars 3" microfiber cutting pad with M105.
the other pads where foam did not turn the machine on with them just tried to feel how strong the attachment to the backing plate and its exactly the same .

tried the 6" microfiber pad from meguiars also just to feel how it hooks on to see if it might be a problem with the pad but also same and all the pads i tried where new .

trekkeruss
08-04-2014, 09:39 PM
have a question regarding the Rupes bigfoot mini.

every time i attach a pad foam or microfiber from meguiars or other brands and start the machine the pad just flies off and does not stick to the backing plate .
seams like the hook and loop system on the backing plate is too weak .

Hook and loop systems are not all the same.

what can be done to prevent this from happening.

The simple solution would be to use Rupes pads, which are designed specifically for the Mini and its backing plate.

Ahmed85
08-04-2014, 09:43 PM
i am using the LHR21 bigfoot also with meguiars pads on what i am working on and if i used a Rupes pads on the smaller panels the finish might look different ???