PDA

View Full Version : Water Filteration Kit Worth It????

Pages : [1] 2 3

trhland
08-04-2007, 07:27 AM
Is This A Good Idea To Have ?? Does Water Really Scratch Paint?? Is This A Good Idea To Have Ive Been Looking At The One From A/g

FMINUS
08-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Def a good idea, now the question is.... WHY DONT I HAVE ONE?

Thejoyofdriving
08-04-2007, 12:51 PM
I dont think most people have to worry about particals that can scratch paint in water. I dont think its worth it. As long as you dry well there will be no water spots.

trhland
08-04-2007, 01:20 PM
thanks guys.for input

D
08-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Test your water and see if you need one. My TDS levels are around 295. And I get bad water spotting. The filter from AG is worthless to me. It only brought the TDS levels down to about 285. So Im going to be getting the 20" CR Spotless system to use with my pressure washer.

FMINUS
08-04-2007, 02:09 PM
How do you check?

2KLS1
08-04-2007, 02:10 PM
Being able to wash your car at any time of the day and not have to worry about drying your car and getting water spots is definately a good idea. I wonder how the filters will affect water pressure though.

D
08-04-2007, 02:19 PM
How do you check?

TDS Meter. Can get them from ebay.

Being able to wash your car at any time of the day and not have to worry about drying your car and getting water spots is definately a good idea. I wonder how the filters will affect water pressure though.

I dont notice a difference using my AG filter. But regular hoses flow a lot more then 4GPM. Wide open, I get 8.5- 9GPM. This is too much even for the 20" CR system. So youll actually have to restrict flow to 4GPM using a nozzle. Im restricting flow using my pressure washer to 2.5GPM.

Im guessing youll have to restrict flow to about 1GPM for the AG system to be useful.

PhaRO
08-04-2007, 02:50 PM
I've tried a softener filter and it help but didn't become spotless. Instead I got spot that were easier to clean off but that wasn't what I had hoped for. I never measured before and after readings. I think one of the problems with the softener filters is the method of regeneration. I don't think soaking it in a brine solution is sufficient to regenerate. I've considered using a simple drill filter to flush the salt water through the filter in reverse to see if my results improved. Now I just use ONR now and don't worry about spotting. Even before I started using ONR for the entire car I would use it on the top surfaces that would spot the easiest.

supercharged
08-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Is This A Good Idea To Have ?? Does Water Really Scratch Paint?? Is This A Good Idea To Have Ive Been Looking At The One From A/g
If water in your area is very hard, then consider getting yourself a water filter kit. If not, save your bucks for some good QD.

joe.p
08-04-2007, 09:54 PM
add a few caps of ONR to your soap bucket..i have and it has cut back on water spotting...spotting on the windows was so bad i had to use an AIO after washing..not even that was enough to remove all the spots on the glass..

Nica
08-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Water filters, in my opinion, are very handy to wash your vehicle with. I think it comes down to a few key thoughts though. First one that I can think of the top of my head, how much are you willing to spend? Now depending on the answer to that question it will determine the quality of the system you purchase. I've done some digging on filter systems and the absolute best water for washing your vehicle is either Reverse Osmosis or Deionizer water. Now keep in mind that to get a filter system for Reverse Osmosis or Deionizer water will take some coin. I know that a few guys that have there own detailing business use such water (first guy that comes to mind is Dust2Glory and if I'm not mistaken he uses Reverse Osmosis) and they will testify to the system.

ZoranC
08-05-2007, 02:04 AM
How ironic that this thread has been created today after water spotting ruined my day.

Thejoyofdriving
08-05-2007, 02:24 AM
Water filters, in my opinion, are very handy to wash your vehicle with. I think it comes down to a few key thoughts though. First one that I can think of the top of my head, how much are you willing to spend? Now depending on the answer to that question it will determine the quality of the system you purchase. I've done some digging on filter systems and the absolute best water for washing your vehicle is either Reverse Osmosis or Deionizer water. Now keep in mind that to get a filter system for Reverse Osmosis or Deionizer water will take some coin. I know that a few guys that have there own detailing business use such water (first guy that comes to mind is Dust2Glory and if I'm not mistaken he uses Reverse Osmosis) and they will testify to the system.

Wouldn't reverse osmosis require a lot of water pressure to get useful amounts of purified water at reasonable pressure?

D
08-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Just ordered my 20" CR Spotless system!!!