PDA

View Full Version : Waterless Wash Plus+ vs Optimum No Rinse

Pages : [1] 2

luciddaydream
08-04-2014, 01:14 PM
Hello
I was just wondering what the difference is between these two products?

I assume the Waterless Wash requires less water for mixing?

mwoolfso
08-04-2014, 01:46 PM
A waterless wash requires no rinsing vs. the bucket & sponge approach.

UWW+ has Polycharger in it which gives the product some additional "boost" for the LSP and for enhancing gloss/shine. ONR does not have Polycharger but has it's proprietary formula that also provides some "boost".

How Polycharger Works (http://www.autogeek.net/polycharger-how-it-works.html)

While to a degree that are somewhat interchangeable, in a strict sense UWW+ is a Waterless Wash and ONR is a Rinseless Wash. I have both and use them as follows:

ONR --> Clay, QD, Rinseless Wash
UWW+ --> Waterless Wash, Rinseless Wash & QD

I also have Pinnacle Waterless Wash w/ Carnauba that I tried last year via a trade. I like it a lot. At some point I will center on either Pinnacle or UWW+. ONR will remain in my arsenal. And realistically by the time I need to make that decision these products may wind up with new and improved versions and the evaluation could theoretically start all over again.

allenk4
08-04-2014, 01:49 PM
A waterless wash requires no rinsing vs. the bucket & sponge approach.

UWW+ has Polycharger in it which gives the product some additional "boost" for the LSP and for enhancing gloss/shine. ONR does not have Polycharger but has it's proprietary formula that also provides some "boost".

How Polycharger Works (http://www.autogeek.net/polycharger-how-it-works.html)

While to a degree that are somewhat interchangeable, in a strict sense UWW+ is a Waterless Wash and ONR is a Rinseless Wash. I have both and use them as follows:

ONR --> Clay, QD, Rinseless Wash
UWW+ --> Waterless Wash, Rinseless Wash & QD

I also have Pinnacle Waterless Wash w/ Carnauba that I tried last year via a trade. I like it a lot. At some point I will center on either Pinnacle or UWW+. ONR will remain in my arsenal. And realistically by the time I need to make that decision these products may wind up with new and improved versions and the evaluation could theoretically start all over again.

I tired it last week and hated it!

Made a mess of my windows

No such problem with ONR

Trying Meguiar's D114 later this week

tiSS'er
08-04-2014, 01:53 PM

No such problem with ONR

I use ONR and UWW. I like UWW better as a waterless and I really didn't notice a difference between the 2 when doing rinseless. Since ONR is cheaper per gallon, ONR will continue to handle the rinseless duties.

I agree, ONR is great for windows. Keep us posted on D114, I am very interested in this product compared to ONR.

GettingStarted
08-04-2014, 02:09 PM

No such problem with ONR

I've fallen head over heals for D114, personally I feel like it kicks ONR's butt for a rinseless even if it leaves nothing behind.

VP Mark
08-04-2014, 02:49 PM
ONR all the way here. Have yet to find anything better and cheaper. Have tried almost every rinseless and waterless product on the market.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AG Online

Lexi65
08-04-2014, 02:55 PM
I've fallen head over heals for D114, personally I feel like it kicks ONR's butt for a rinseless even if it leaves nothing behind.

Do any of these products leave streaks etc on obsidian
Black? Thanks! Feed back please. :buffing:

Corey@OptimalDetailing
08-04-2014, 02:57 PM
Can't speak for ONR, but have never had a streaking issue with UWW+.

Quickstrike32
08-04-2014, 03:01 PM
Good timing for this thread. I need to buy a rinseless and these are the 3 I'm interested in, ONR, UWW+, Megs express. I rinsed my Camry off yesterday and used Eco WW and felt the product didn't work near as good as when dry.

VISITOR
08-04-2014, 03:24 PM
dg rinseless wash is excellent as well...

GettingStarted
08-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Do any of these products leave streaks etc on obsidian
Black? Thanks! Feed back please. :buffing:

As long as your using quality towels it shouldn't leave any streaks.

builthatch
08-04-2014, 03:36 PM
slightly off topic but i go through Opti-Clean like water around here. i saw waterless wash and felt compelled to post though i know UWW+ is its own product lol

imo Opti-Clean has made so many products obsolete in my arsenal. touch up glass, paint, interior, wheels...whatever. i wish it was compatible prior to Opti-Coat, but ONR is and that's good enough for me.

swanicyouth
08-04-2014, 03:43 PM
Good timing for this thread. I need to buy a rinseless and these are the 3 I'm interested in, ONR, UWW+, Megs express. I rinsed my Camry off yesterday and used Eco WW and felt the product didn't work near as good as when dry.

If your a wax guy, don't discount Pinnacle Rinseless. I think it's the best for "wax" - and just overall very good. You can also use it in combo with Pinnacle Waterless for a really nice wash.

cleanmycorolla
08-04-2014, 03:54 PM
If your a wax guy, don't discount Pinnacle Rinseless. I think it's the best for "wax" - and just overall very good. You can also use it in combo with Pinnacle Waterless for a really nice wash.

:iagree:

I use Ultima on Sealants and Coatings.

allenk4
08-04-2014, 03:58 PM

I have also used Pinnacle Rinseless

I did not have the same issue with the glass using it

IMO, ONR performed better for me.

- Seemed to clean better
- Felt slicker during process
- Better on glass

Again, in my opinion, the best test of how well any product is actually cleaning your paint, is how it is cleaning your glass; where streaks and haze are more easily seen.