PDA

View Full Version : Best LSP(s) to really bring out the Deep Impact Blue

Pages : [1] 2

BlueBeast14GT
08-04-2014, 09:58 AM
I want to make the Deep Impact Blue on my Mustang really pop. I want it to to look as deep as possible, and slick like it's slathered and ready to cook for thanksgiving dinner! And I want something that is going to hold up, I'm not shelling out for something that'll look good for a weekend.

I posted a recent thread where I had narrowed the decision down to 2 choices, but after seeing some more reviews I'm having second thoughts. I want to keep this unbiased so I'm not going to say what the choices were.

So what would you guys recommend as the best sealant, or layering of sealant and wax, to make the Blue Beast look amazing? (preferably under $100 for any single product)
The color can be seen in my avatar, signature, and 2 images below.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC02402.JPG
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC02405.JPG

Niblick
08-04-2014, 10:19 AM
dodo juice blue velvet or blue velvet Pro would be my vote. both awesome waxes for the money and will really do that colour justice :xyxthumbs:

Romach
08-04-2014, 10:21 AM
Blackfire black ice or pinnacle black label synergy!

Or autoglym HD wax!

Guessless
08-04-2014, 10:53 AM
That car already looks mighty good in the pictures...

I got myself some polishAngel coatings which are not sold through AG, they get good reviews but haven't used mine yet to report.

Carpro CQUK sold through AG also gets good reviews but I let other members who've used it to opine. (If you get this make sure to ask for 2014 version.)

As for waxes there are a zillion choices, but what Niblick said above with Dodo Blue pro topped up with Purple pro gets raving reviews too.:props:

CDot
08-04-2014, 10:59 AM
I think SON1C has the same color--or similar. He's tried tons of LSP's--maybe he'll chime in.

Riff
08-04-2014, 11:01 AM
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is the first and only one I tried based on reviews on this site. It'll probably be the last one I try, it's that good.

cleanmycorolla
08-04-2014, 11:03 AM
To be honest, making your paint pop, is in the prep work, it's 99% of it! wax/sealant adds little to the equation. So if you want the most bling possible, polish it out real nice. That's what does it for you.

swanicyouth
08-04-2014, 11:17 AM
Blue Velvet Pro is a nice wax and will look good on that color. Some observations I have about it:

1. Easy to use. It has a "boutique" feel. Waxing is fun and simple with this wax.

2. It spreads FOREVER. This stuff spreads farther than any wax I can think of at the moment; meaning a tub will go very far. My calculations tell me you can get 10+ coats per ounce on a regular car. This means a 200ml pot should bring you at least 60 coats of wax.

3. It smells great. Something like chocolate & blueberries to me.

4. It leaves a "crayon blue" like look on the car. This is toned down a bit after the first wash. Additional coats will enhance this look if you like it.

5. Durability is about mid range; but can easily be enhanced with Dodo's top notch Red Mist Tropical Spray Sealant / Detailer or their Carnauba Glaze.

I honestly couldn't see anyone with a blue car buying this wax being disappointed. While it may not be a super durable wax, application is so easy you probably won't mind topping it up.

Guessless
08-04-2014, 11:29 AM
I honestly couldn't see anyone with a blue car buying this wax being disappointed. While it may not be a super durable wax, application is so easy you probably won't mind topping it up.

Would you top it with Purple haze too or just BV on it's own?
Thanks upfront.

swanicyouth
08-04-2014, 11:32 AM
Would you top it with Purple haze too or just BV on it's own?
Thanks upfront.

Just BV. PH looks too "purple-ey" to my eyes IME. I can see it giving the paint a purple look after a few coats.

Guessless
08-04-2014, 11:41 AM
Good to know,
Thanks again :props:

BlueBeast14GT
08-04-2014, 12:08 PM
These are some awesome replies!

dodo juice blue velvet or blue velvet Pro would be my vote. both awesome waxes for the money and will really do that colour justice :xyxthumbs:
This was actually my secret choice from that other thread, so I'm glad you brought it up.

I think SON1C has the same color--or similar. He's tried tons of LSP's--maybe he'll chime in.
One of his reviews (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/61882-son1c-synopsis-33-dodo-juice-carnauba-waxes-blue-velvet-pro-carnauba-sealant-hybrid-wax-review.html) was what made me question it actually. He said

"Unfortunately in both cases when I've used this wax it just didn't bring much to the table in looks, offered a slight sealant hard candy pop look. So I'd say if you're looking to try something new with good durability and great ease of use and looks are not a huge factor this could be a great product for you, however if you're looking to achieve deep wet reflective paint etc, I'd consider different LSPs such as..."
and then went on to list some suggestions. But the thing is, he didn't use them on his blue stang, so I don't know how fair the review is. His is Sonic Blue, btw, mine is Deep Impact Blue. They are very close. :)

To be honest, making your paint pop, is in the prep work, it's 99% of it! wax/sealant adds little to the equation. So if you want the most bling possible, polish it out real nice. That's what does it for you.
Oh there will be prep! This is going to be a weekend job haha.

5. Durability is about mid range; but can easily be enhanced with Dodo's top notch Red Mist Tropical Spray Sealant / Detailer or their Carnauba Glaze.

If I top it with Purple Haze, then I can't enhance it with a spray sealant, right? I have not layered a wax over a sealant before, but my understanding is that you can layer wax or sealant over sealant, but you cannot layer sealant over wax.

Also, as far as durability, if I go with the Dodo, then I would be getting the pro versions of both.

Just BV. PH looks too "purple-ey" to my eyes IME. I can see it giving the paint a purple look after a few coats.
The Deep Impact Blue actually has a hint of purple in it already. It's a really dynamic color, different in every light, but the best way I can describe it is it's kind of an indigo color. So I think the effect of using both could be perfect for this color.

FUNX650
08-04-2014, 04:49 PM
Are you sure you would rather use a Wax, than a Sealant?
How about Hybrids?

I'll suggest:

Either:
-3M Perfect-It II Foam Polishing Pad Glaze---Dark; or:
-3M Imperial Hand Glaze

Followed by:
-3M Perfect-It Show Car Paste Wax; or:
-Meguiar's M26 Hi-Tech Paste Wax; or:
-SON1C Carnaubavore Wax

Bob

molarman
08-04-2014, 10:06 PM
imo clean corolla has the best advice- its all in the prep stages of polishing as most sealants and waxes will do u justice; personally like wg 3.0 sealant (wax looks somewhat more glossy, but im getting too old to keep doing the wax phase)

EVOlved
08-04-2014, 10:10 PM
Go SON1C or go home!!