PDA

View Full Version : What do you like better and why: DG AW or CK QS?

ltoman
08-03-2007, 11:22 PM
Ok folks, I want to know which you like better and why. Personally, I have both and can't tell the difference.

(BTW, I was parked by a new Mustang in the same shade of red today, and guess who was glossiest? Yes, the red vette wearing none other than Pinnacle Souveran ond old version spray wax CM!!!!)

But back to the topic ~ if you have used both DuraGloss Aqua wax and Clear Kote Quickshine, which do you prefer and why?

Thank you - I am interested to hear what you guys n gals think on this.
Lauren:)

klumzypinoy
08-04-2007, 04:40 AM
Aquawax is, well a spray wax :p. Quikshine is a QD, so I believe the look will diminish before Aquawax does. I've used neither, but from reading about them, that's what I can come up with :).

Whenever I see a red vette, I'm wondering if it's you driving, but it's not lol.

dengood1
08-04-2007, 05:28 AM
Used for different reasons, both great products. Aquawax is a much longer lasting spray sealant type product where Quickshine is a true QD, mainly used to amp up the gloss and slickness for a few days.....diminishes much quicker than Aquawax. Quickshine is slighly easier to use and never streaks(I've never had AW streak either though). Like I said, both great products used for different reasons.

supercharged
08-04-2007, 06:31 AM
Besides these two I also used Finish Kare 425, and like it better then Quikshine, or Aquawax.

alban61
08-04-2007, 07:25 AM
Quikshine is a QD, and can be used often. AW is a spray sealant and should be used monthly. Al says that using it too often can mute the effect thru build-up.

ScottB
08-04-2007, 07:58 AM
Besides these two I also used Finish Kare 425, and like it better then Quikshine, or Aquawax.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

I dont find AW to be all that, and it doesnt last all that long. Nobody will use it alone and test its true colors. Lets see its true durability, as I suspect even Megs newer UQD will outlast it.

ltoman
08-04-2007, 03:42 PM
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

I dont find AW to be all that, and it doesnt last all that long. Nobody will use it alone and test its true colors. Lets see its true durability, as I suspect even Megs newer UQD will outlast it.

Hmm, I picked up some in Hawaii, but haven't tried it. Even shared samples! LOL
Better get to it before it is gone, LOL. Ok, cool....
To me they were both used as spray wax after a car wash....is this ok then?

I use QD for like bird bombs n stuff when I am out and can't wash it that minute, like in my work lot. That is all though.

ltoman
08-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Aquawax is, well a spray wax :p. Quikshine is a QD, so I believe the look will diminish before Aquawax does. I've used neither, but from reading about them, that's what I can come up with :).

Whenever I see a red vette, I'm wondering if it's you driving, but it's not lol.
That is too funny. It used to be every time I saw a yellow truck, my head went "Justin"! LOL! Too funny!:) :cheers: Thank you, klumzypinoy!

A1monky
08-04-2007, 04:40 PM

:iagree: FK425 is the best of both worlds, it cleans and shines very well.
The anti-static is great. This weekend I drove from Orlando to Palm beach (160m). It rained the whole way down...
Alot of dirt did not stick to my car, I have never seen it look that clean after 2 hours in a FL rain storm.

klumzypinoy
08-04-2007, 07:29 PM
That is too funny. It used to be every time I saw a yellow truck, my head went "Justin"! LOL! Too funny!:) :cheers: Thank you, klumzypinoy!

You're welcome Lauren :p. I would think Justin too, and when I spot a red truck, I think Al-53! And a few other cars and members :)

BlueRacer
08-04-2007, 09:04 PM
I use AW once a month and QS at the other weekly washes. I use the QS while doing the final dry with the Cobra Guzzler. The AW is used after the car is dry, and I don't use the QS if I intend to AW. Both look great but I'd give the edge to the AW for shine. Although I cannot say how long the AW protection is as I am in the group that refuses to do a true test. I just don't care enough to leave part of my '06 corvette without a true sealant.

If I had to do without one of them, I'd do without the QS and find another QD (probably FK 425 especially if Autogeek ever carries it).

ltoman
08-05-2007, 01:19 AM
I use AW once a month and QS at the other weekly washes. I use the QS while doing the final dry with the Cobra Guzzler. The AW is used after the car is dry, and I don't use the QS if I intend to AW. Both look great but I'd give the edge to the AW for shine. Although I cannot say how long the AW protection is as I am in the group that refuses to do a true test. I just don't care enough to leave part of my '06 corvette without a true sealant.

If I had to do without one of them, I'd do without the QS and find another QD (probably FK 425 especially if Autogeek ever carries it).

Thank you very much, everyone!
Thank you BlueRacer- gotcha. I won't do a true test either - it is aways over glaze and wax or something like that.