PDA

View Full Version : Waterspots on PBL Diamond Surface Coating

Mikertt
08-03-2014, 11:50 AM
Hey there fellow AG people. Have any of you had experiences with the PBL coating getting waterspots even though the coating has cured for weeks? I'm currently in Bangkok, Thailand and we have really hot & humid tropical weather. It could rain and then the sun pops out and raises the temps back to the high 90's. Recently, I did a couple of vehicles, both with the PBL coating. They cured for a couple of weeks before they got in touch with any rain outside. Both vehicles had waterspots on the hood only. I'm thinking the combination of rain, hot weather, a hot motor, and a warm hood had caused it. The minerals wouldn't come off with just a normal wash. I had to wait till I was in back in the US to pick up some CarPro Spotless. It took care of it. Just wondering if anyone else has run into the same problems of waterspots being only present on the hood of the cars that it was applied to after being exposed to rain. My dad's car that I coated back in California with regular Cquartz has never had any waterspots on it, even when I didn't wash it for weeks after a rainstorm. I ended up applying PBL Synergy to the coatings and that has helped prevent any waterspots so far. It sheets and beads awesome but, as we all know, Carnauba does attract a fair amount of dust no matter where you park it. It makes me miss having a two car garage back in the Bay Area part of California.
Feed back please

Romach
08-03-2014, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the info

cleanmycorolla
08-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Water spotting with rain, is based on where you are. Not all rain water content is the same, heck a storm covering a 20 Mile radius, the water falling and what it contains can be different mile to mile. Perhaps where you live, the water is more acidic due to climate. Just thinking out loud.....:)

Tato
08-03-2014, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the info, already ordered spotless and it's coming my way! That's encouraging to read.

My issues are very like you're describing (similar climactic conditions), so your solution will be also perfect.

Kind Regards.

Rsurfer
08-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Water spotting with rain, is based on where you are. Not all rain water content is the same, heck a storm covering a 20 Mile radius, the water falling and what it contains can be different mile to mile. Perhaps where you live, the water is more acidic due to climate. Just thinking out loud.....:)

:agree:We can send a man to the moon, but we can't stop water spots. Here in the USA, sprinklers play havoc no matter where you live.

Mikertt
08-03-2014, 05:19 PM

Actually now that you mention that, it might be the case since we do have a fair amount of pollution here in Bangkok, Thailand. We have a very lax smog check here unlike in CA. Also couple that with the heavy industry factories and it makes for very acidic rain. I'm just puzzled at only the hood getting waterspots and not the fenders off to the sides that do get hot as well.

Mikertt
08-03-2014, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the info, already ordered spotless and it's coming my way! That's encouraging to read.

My issues are very like you're describing (similar climactic conditions), so your solution will be also perfect.

Kind Regards.

No problem Tato. Have you had any issues with waterspotting on only the hood of the cars you have coated? That is the only place that is getting waterspotting. Do you have PBL Synergy in your inventory? I did a Honda City with the PBL coating 3 months ago and earlier last month, I applied Synergy wax to the front of the car and used PBL Booster on the rest of the car. No more waterspots on the hood since applying Synergy wax.

Tato
08-03-2014, 08:08 PM
Thanks for feedback. I'm seeing the waterspots in multiple panels, but it's far more accentuated on vertical panels.

Unfortunately, I have no Synergy to date.

Spotless is on my way, I'm happy reading your input.

Kind Regards.