PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Refinishing

JohnF
08-02-2014, 09:45 PM
Hello Fellow Detailing Enthusiasts:

I need to send one of the rims on my 2014 GLI out to be repaired; there is a small curb rash on one of them. I'll likely wait until I throw my winter rims on, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to send it. I am in Chicago, but if freight isn't too bad I would be happy to send it wherever.

Thanks!

Setec Astronomy
08-02-2014, 10:24 PM
Wheel Collision Center, in Bath, PA.

CowboyTruckn
08-03-2014, 09:12 AM
Should be a good quality place there

sproketser
08-03-2014, 09:21 AM
Where are you at mate , might find a place close to you .

ScottB
08-03-2014, 10:12 AM
I had a rim scuffed by the dealer and they used a local shop to repair it. It was nice but over time started to show that the work was not up to the original. I went and bought a replacement wheel on Ebay and much happier. You might also find a local up-pick-it with nice price to pickup a wheel off a wreck.

DaveT435
08-03-2014, 11:25 AM
Discount Tire does have access to both used OE rims and refinishing services...if you go the refinish way it will be sent to someone that does quality work. May cost a few bucks more but a lot less leg work for you

cardaddy
08-03-2014, 12:41 PM
Might try a local body shop that has access to "Keystone" products. They'll either be clones or repaired OEM wheels. My daughter needed one for her GTP, the Pontiac rim was $385, the Keystone unit was $62. (Shop cost, but the shop manager is a friend of mine.) BTW, It was a OEM wheel, complete with markings.

swanicyouth
08-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Wheel Collision Center, in Bath, PA.

I can second this. This is the best place, period. The wheel comes back to you better than new with a finish that is more durable than the factory finish (BMW).

They powder coat wheels here. They have done 2+ sets for me. This is the only place I would use. Other places "paint" wheels - and the finish is not as durable.

WCC is the only place I'll even let mount tires on my BMW. If you live far - you can ship the wheels. They ain't cheap - but if you want the best you gotta pay $$$.

tigerwash
08-03-2014, 04:54 PM
I would call various rim repair places...shouldn't be hard to find considering you're in a big city