PDA

View Full Version : Funniest thing you saw about detailing

Pages : [1] 2 3

rescuenut10
08-02-2014, 12:17 PM
What was the funniest thing you saw about detailing?
Yesterday I saw a couple vacuuming there floor mats in the drive way of the home, it was funny watching her stand on the corner of the floor mat while trying to use a home upright vacuum to clean the mat. To top it off it started to pour down rain.Im the MAN

A2D Signature
08-02-2014, 02:50 PM
There's a guy with videos from Tyson's corner Va that makes videos. Been in business for 25 years supposedly. He was spraying a Bentley Continental GT with 409 applying compound by hand with a wash cloth and applied Carnuba wax with a washcloth too. It was more sad than funny but how can you do piss poor work and enjoy 24 years of success??

FUNX650
08-02-2014, 03:41 PM
it was funny watching her stand on the corner of the floor mat while trying to use a home upright vacuum to clean the mat.
Please explain how that is one of the funniest
"detailing events" you've seen?

Point of reference:
That's how I would've held the mat down.

Bob

custmsprty
08-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Please explain how that is one of the funniest
"detailing events" you've seen?

Point of reference:
That's how I would've held the mat down.

Bob

:iagree:

wdmaccord
08-02-2014, 04:53 PM
I actually use my upright to clean carpeted floor mats. I like the beater brush getting involved to help agitate all the grit up. I do, however, do it in the garage and I put the mats and vacuum on a large carpet remnant. I never put my house upright on bare concrete.

allenk4
08-02-2014, 04:55 PM
What was the funniest thing you saw about detailing?
Yesterday I saw a couple vacuuming there floor mats in the drive way of the home, it was funny watching her stand on the corner of the floor mat while trying to use a home upright vacuum to clean the mat. To top it off it started to pour down rain.Im the MAN

That's how I would do it too.

I use a Shark sometimes.

I generally works better on the floor mats when used as an upright, rather than using the hose.

I guess, I'm Funny too...but you already knew that

Charger12
08-02-2014, 04:59 PM
Before my weather tech mats I use to do the drive way thing also

Calendyr
08-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Funnies thing I have seen is this (BY FAR):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=png5BFnwg1I

Charger12
08-03-2014, 05:47 AM

Wow now that was crazy!

Klasse Act
08-03-2014, 06:59 AM
Yeah, the Wipe New and Detail Doctor commercials are the funniest! A close 2nd were the Armor All Butter Smooth Wax commercials!!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Don M
08-03-2014, 09:52 AM

I could see CAREFULLY washing the doorjambs that way, but otherwise :bash::eek:

cleanmycorolla
08-03-2014, 10:00 AM
I once saw a video of Gary Dean using the HD polisher they came out with, and he said it was loud, and not as good as other DA's, and then a short time later puts out another video, deletes the other one, but this time saying the polisher is good. That was the funniest thing I've seen and since that moment decided never to listen or buy that dudes products.

raysanni
08-03-2014, 11:37 AM
Yeah, the Wipe New and Detail Doctor commercials are the funniest! A close 2nd were the Armor All Butter Smooth Wax commercials!!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Hey. What's up with that detail doctor stuff. My bottle has chunks of yellow stuff in it. Do we have to shake it up everyday

sent from Yakima valley washington

allenk4
08-03-2014, 11:43 AM
I once saw a video of Gary Dean using the HD polisher they came out with, and he said it was loud, and not as good as other DA's, and then a short time later puts out another video, deletes the other one, but this time saying the polisher is good. That was the funniest thing I've seen and since that moment decided never to listen or buy that dudes products.

He has a video out comparing the HF to the Rupes 15 (detailingaddict).

He makes some good points and demos how the Rupes does not handle curved panels at all, even with the washer mod and light pressure.

DaveT435
08-03-2014, 11:55 AM

Unbelievable!!!