PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Black Label Surface Coating or Glasss Coating?

Tector
08-02-2014, 06:25 AM
Pinnacle Black Label has both a surface coating that is supposed to work for all surfaces or you can buy a specific coating depending on the surface (glass, paint and wheels). Does the glass specific coating do a better job on glass than the surface coating or are they the same? The same goes for wheels and paint.

Romach
08-02-2014, 08:57 AM
I was thinking same recently.

Do I need to buy 3 products or 1?

Anybody want to answer this question as I can't see the difference between 3 separate products or 1 from reading the website?

Ronan

aim4squirrels
08-02-2014, 09:04 AM
The dedicated paint, wheel, and glass products supposedly perform a bit better/last longer than the all-in-one surface coating.

For instance, the glass coating is said to sheet water at a lower MPH while driving than the surface coating, and I believe the wheel and paint coating are supposed to last longer on their respective surfaces.

I bought the surface coating for ease of product use over the entire car. I don't have to keep up with the different bottles running out at staggered intervals. I applied the coating on Jan 3rd and it hasn't shown a loss of performance yet.

Evan.J
08-02-2014, 09:06 AM
Yes I have been testing the surface coating vs the glass coating and the glass coating beads better and also beads up at slower speeds.

When you get the specific products they offer a little but more than the surface coating.

What it comes down to is what you want to spend. Whether you go with the surface coating or the application specific coating you will have a great protection.

JHL88
08-02-2014, 09:32 AM
I don't have PBL glass coating but the DP glass coating and Im going on 8 months now. Still holding strong. I wonder how PBL differs from that?

Tector
08-03-2014, 06:01 AM
Thank you for the input. Does anyone know what the shelf life is for the glass coating? PBL says it's good for 40 windshields which will last me a looooong time.