PDA

View Full Version : Dodo Juice: PRO or no?

Pages : [1] 2

BlueBeast14GT
08-01-2014, 11:37 PM
I'm looking to shell out the dough for my first true top of the line wax, and I think I've narrowed it down to Dodo Juice Blue Velvet or Purple Haze. But I need to know, is the PRO worth it?

Atticus808
08-01-2014, 11:47 PM
I use Dodo Juice Blue Velvet.
works great! smells really good too.

it makes the paint look very glossy.

Atticus808
08-01-2014, 11:50 PM
sorry. didn't use PRO before, just the original.

Dr Oldz
08-01-2014, 11:53 PM
I prefer the pro versions. I feel they look just a bit wetter.

Ray@Autogeek
08-01-2014, 11:56 PM
< Prefer the pro versions.

PrismDetailing
08-02-2014, 06:03 AM
Pro version is much better, being a hybrid wax (with red mist properties in it) it last much much longer than the original ones and the water behavior is better

Guessless
08-02-2014, 07:02 AM
Some layer PH on top of BV and rave about it, a panel pot should give you 5-8 layers. I too got the pro versions but haven't used them yet.

mwoolfso
08-02-2014, 07:30 AM
I'd go with Pro as well. Supernatural Hybrid is amazing.

BlueBeast14GT
08-02-2014, 05:15 PM
Some layer PH on top of BV and rave about it, a panel pot should give you 5-8 layers. I too got the pro versions but haven't used them yet.

This is what I think I'm going to do. I hear people get fantastic results layering them.

Consensus seems to be pro, thanks for the input everyone!

RMM
08-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Go Pro: they last longer and look nicer!

All the DJ waxes I have, right now are Pro: Blue Velvet, Purple Haze and Rainforest Rub (this was a limited edition - with the Golden Dodo).

Be aware that these are colour charged waxes: choose wisely (DODO JUICE FORUMS &bull; View topic - Colour Charging 2... no hype, no BS, just the TEST RESULTS (http://forum.dodojuice.com/viewtopic.php?t=2011)).

BlueBeast14GT
08-03-2014, 04:26 PM
Be aware that these are colour charged waxes: choose wisely (DODO JUICE FORUMS &bull; View topic - Colour Charging 2... no hype, no BS, just the TEST RESULTS (http://forum.dodojuice.com/viewtopic.php?t=2011)).

Oh I know, that's what drew me to them. I wanna make that deep impact blue pop.

Btw, would I be wise to do a base layer of sealant, then the blue, then the purple? Or should the Dodo hold up on its own?

hoyt66
08-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Go Pro: they last longer and look nicer!

All the DJ waxes I have, right now are Pro: Blue Velvet, Purple Haze and Rainforest Rub (this was a limited edition - with the Golden Dodo).

I've stated this before. I have the Golden DoDo-less Rain Forest Rub and it DOES change

the color on my wife's Inferno Red Dodge Journey. Makes it a few shades darker. Looks

great,smells great, easy to work with and has awesome durability:dblthumb2:

Niblick
08-03-2014, 05:32 PM
the standard 'core 8' are a little more user friendly than the Pro versions, and smell a little nicer, but you really won't go wrong either way. they're all fantastic waxes

swanicyouth
08-03-2014, 06:32 PM
the standard 'core 8' are a little more user friendly than the Pro versions, and smell a little nicer, but you really won't go wrong either way. they're all fantastic waxes

Hmm. I don't think I've ever used a wax that's easier than Blue Velevet Pro.

Niblick
08-04-2014, 03:00 AM
Hmm. I don't think I've ever used a wax that's easier than Blue Velevet Pro.

The core 8 waxes are more user friendly because they'll buff out as easily whether you do it ten minutes or ten hours after it's been applied. Because the Pro versions have a sealant element, they can be slightly more difficult to buff out if they are left on for longer than recommended (particularly on a hot day). It's marginal tbh, but worthy of note never the less.
Glad you like the blue velvet, I'm a huge fan myself :xyxthumbs: