PDA

View Full Version : Hello from NW Indiana

Pages : [1] 2

RA-88Z
08-01-2014, 08:20 PM
Hello everyone! I'm Ray from Crown Point Indiana. We are a suburb of Chicago IL (25 mls away).

About me... I've been a tech at a dealer for 29 years and consider myself an enthusiast when it comes to detailing.Tips I've learned have been from detailers we have at the dealership.

I have only used a rotary buffer (wool pads) and just picked up a Dewalt 849x and some foam pads, to replace my 25yr old one.

I've been lurking on this form for about a month and finally joined!:xyxthumbs: I find this to be probably the best and most helpful forum I've ever been on.

I really want to pick up a DA and the Flex 3401 has my attention. Also wouldn't mind the PC 7424.

Well I want to say thanks for the knowledge I have received here and will continue to get.

jamesboyy
08-01-2014, 09:43 PM
Welcome to autogeek, you are off to a great start and came to the right place enjoy your stay

MrCleanit
08-01-2014, 09:54 PM
Welcome!

Dark Shadow
08-01-2014, 11:42 PM
Welcome, I live in Griffith,Indiana if there is anything I could help with Lmk maybe I have a product or something you would like to try. joe

Mike Phillips
08-04-2014, 08:01 AM
About me... I've been a tech at a dealer for 29 years and consider myself an enthusiast when it comes to detailing.

What kind of dealership?

I've been lurking on this form for about a month and finally joined!:xyxthumbs:

I find this to be probably the best and most helpful forum I've ever been on.

Thanks for the feedback on our forum community, that's what we like to hear!

I really want to pick up a DA and the Flex 3401 has my attention. Also wouldn't mind the PC 7424.

Well I want to say thanks for the knowledge I have received here and will continue to get.

A quality PC type tool or the Flex 3401, the Rupes and the Cyclo, (all are dual action polishers), these tools can all do amazing work, I think the primary consideration comes down to what you want to do.

Just work on your own cars? Or detail other people's cars for money?

I like the Flex 3401 for it's forced rotation feature, meaning you cannot stop the pad from oscillating or rotating.

On the other hand, I use the PC to machine sand and all of the other dual action polishers to remove swirls, polish and machine wax.

:)

WantcarPerfect
08-04-2014, 10:40 AM
Welcome to AGO. I work in Crown Point at the Government Center.

Sicoupe
08-04-2014, 01:21 PM
Welcome RA:)

RA-88Z
08-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Thanks everyone!

Welcome, I live in Griffith,Indiana if there is anything I could help with Lmk maybe I have a product or something you would like to try. joe

Hello neighbor! That's really generous Joe- thanks! ( Grifffith... now I want a Villa Pizza:xyxthumbs:)

Welcome to AGO. I work in Crown Point at the Government Center.

Thanks! Haven't been there since my divorce. lol

RA-88Z
08-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Hello Mike. It really is an honor to have you welcome me!

Love your books and videos, and especially the way you teach!

What kind of dealership?

I work on the Jaguar line. We also have Benz and Volvo.

Thanks for the feedback on our forum community, that's what we like to hear!

I realize I put form instead of forum. lol

Everybody here is so helpful!

A quality PC type tool or the Flex 3401, the Rupes and the Cyclo, (all are dual action polishers), these tools can all do amazing work, I think the primary consideration comes down to what you want to do.

Just work on your own cars? Or detail other people's cars for money?

My own, family & friends. I have a lot of respect for everyone in the detail business. It's a lot of work!

I like the Flex 3401 for it's forced rotation feature, meaning you cannot stop the pad from oscillating or rotating.

On the other hand, I use the PC to machine sand and all of the other dual action polishers to remove swirls, polish and machine wax.

I've really only used a rotary, so I think the Flex is what I'm leaning towards. I do realize, it rotates counter clockwise, so I know there would be a learning curve to get use to it.

Swirl removal, polish and waxes would be the main use for it.

I appreciate the input and thanks for your time and sharing your knowledge::dblthumb2:
:)[/quote]

rms64
08-04-2014, 08:27 PM
Welcome, from a long-ago Purdue grad!

rmitch
08-06-2014, 01:52 PM
Welcome!

Ezmoney
08-11-2014, 01:30 PM
Welcome to AGO! Not too far from you - Dyer.

indiana lineman
08-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Boy the hoosiers are coming out of the woodwork. I'll be heading to Crown Point shortly for work.

BobbyG
08-11-2014, 04:09 PM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online Ray! :props:

MPBGT
08-11-2014, 08:56 PM
Welcome, from a long-ago Purdue grad!

Munster IN here, and a Purdue West Lafayette grad....Boiler Up