PDA

View Full Version : Problem, buffer trails with XMT#1 and PC

Pages : [1] 2

Thejoyofdriving
08-03-2007, 09:19 PM
I've got a problem. A customer told me that he noticed buffer trails on his car after i detailed it, now heres the twist, it was done with the PC and CCS pads, and he could only see them with polirized sun glasses. Now, I just did a black porsche recently with diffrent prodcucts and a diffrent machine and the car had no buffer trails when viewed with any type of sunglasses, so I dont think that it is my technuique . Also the PC and XMT#1 is suppose to be dummy proof, and im no dummy:p. the buffer trails were not there before as the car has never been detailed. So it can only be 4 things that caused the buffer trails, the polish, the machine, the pads, or very unlikely but possible, me. So, whats going on pinnacle?:confused:

Grimm
08-03-2007, 09:35 PM
what do they look like? I had some trouble with little crescent shaped markings, and finally figured out I wasn't working the polish long enough (OHC).

Thejoyofdriving
08-03-2007, 09:57 PM
what do they look like? I had some trouble with little crescent shaped markings, and finally figured out I wasn't working the polish long enough (OHC).
I agree that could be a cause if i was using a moderate polish, but XMT#1 is suppose to be super super fine, even if i didnt work it in long enough, it is suppose to so fine that i dont think that would happen. Unless if some how the bottle of polish i got was defective or something. I suspect that i could be the the polish as that is what usually causes buffer trails, but its so weird because buffer trail usually occur with stronger polishes on a rotary. Weird:confused: I havent seen these buffer trails, but the customer discribed them to me.

HighEndDetail
08-03-2007, 10:23 PM
What color ccs pad did you use. Second it could be left over polish. That wasn't totally wiped off.
Go over and take a look at the car, and see what he is seeing. Try a QD and see if that takes the marks off.

Thejoyofdriving
08-03-2007, 11:19 PM
What color ccs pad did you use. Second it could be left over polish. That wasn't totally wiped off.
Go over and take a look at the car, and see what he is seeing. Try a QD and see if that takes the marks off.
I used the white CCS pads, oh and also i used edge pads to, i for got to mention that, i used the orange 2000., I think that i might have followed up with a ultra fine polishing pad after the orange pad. It cant be left over polish because the wax would not adhere and I QDed the car 3 times after the detail was complete. I am at loss on this one:confused: What are the chances of receiving a defective polish, 100,000:1, i dont understand how this happened.

ltoman
08-03-2007, 11:26 PM
You used pad conditioner of some sort, right? Dumb, I know, but anyone can forget something. Or is it possible he just wants some money back? XMT #1 - I just don't get it.

Thejoyofdriving
08-03-2007, 11:31 PM
You used pad conditioner of some sort, right? Dumb, I know, but anyone can forget something. Or is it possible he just wants some money back? XMT #1 - I just don't get it. Im telling you, the guy doesnt want the money back, hes got goobs of money.:p He is also not the type of guy who would lie. Pad contitioner? I did use some.

ltoman
08-03-2007, 11:36 PM
Can you fix it then?

Thejoyofdriving
08-04-2007, 12:05 AM
Can you fix it then?

I think he might have got it fixed, uggggg, I know! But I want to find out what happend I cant say "I dont know". I impressed him with a section I did on his sons NSX. I hope that those buffer trails havent tarnished my rep with him, i would have fixed it for him for free no problem. If he hasnt got it fixed I will do it but I think he did. I need to get to the bottom of this.:mad:

tod071
08-04-2007, 01:45 AM
How do you expect any help when you don't even know what the problem is? What exactly did you do? Used a pc w/ CCS and Edge pads. Which one did you use first? XMT1 on white CCS, orange edge, and you THINK,XMT1 on ultra fine polishing pad. 3 pads? What speed did you use? Then, you QDd 3 times after waxing? What kind of wax? What kind of car? Color?

I really don't think its defective product. I doubt you could get defective Pinnacle AND Menzerna products.

How about you go and find out what it looks like and take some pics.

Thejoyofdriving
08-04-2007, 03:10 AM
How do you expect any help when you don't even know what the problem is? What exactly did you do? Used a pc w/ CCS and Edge pads. Which one did you use first? XMT1 on white CCS, orange edge, and you THINK,XMT1 on ultra fine polishing pad. 3 pads? What speed did you use? Then, you QDd 3 times after waxing? What kind of wax? What kind of car? Color?

I really don't think its defective product. I doubt you could get defective Pinnacle AND Menzerna products.

How about you go and find out what it looks like and take some pics.
what speed? Speed 5-6, i used the edge pads first. which wax? Pinnacle liquid souveran(dont know why that matters) QDed 10 hours after waxing. What type of car? Saleen S7 Lystic Red. like i said it is very unlikely that the products are defective but its a possibility. I cleaned the pads out many times while polishing. Like i said, doubt its my technique, and i dont thnk its likely the machine did it, so its probably the pads or the polish. still doesnt make sense, never had this problem with other products. And i cant just take a picture, its not that easy if you read carefully, it is only visible through polirized sunglasses, i dont have a polirized lens and even if i did it might not yield the same results. Killr what do you think?

pirex
08-04-2007, 05:29 AM
It can`t be the polish! I think you are the first one having buffer trails with a PC :p Its not possible, and with XMT 1? Don`t think so. Maybe he needs to detail his sunglasses?

klumzypinoy
08-04-2007, 05:46 AM
Polarized sunglasses let you see some odd things. So joyofdriving, the trails can only be seen with the polarized glasses, and with the naked eye it looks fine right?

Bernard
08-04-2007, 06:46 AM
Maybe the buffer trails are already there even b4 u did the car...? It might be from earlier sessions....? And so happen he notice it now...? :(

alban61
08-04-2007, 07:22 AM
Guess you haven't gone to see the problem yet? Use your own polarized sunglasses to look at it, or look thru his glasses if you don't have a pair. If the customer said he fixed the problem, what did he do to fix it? I agree with Bernard.....buffer trails probably from another detailer before you. Don't you think buffer trails should show up when viewed under halogen or other light? Something sounds fishy. Maybe he's done this before with another detailer and got his money back. Doesn't mean just because he has money, he isn't a penny-pincher.