PDA

View Full Version : Wondering if AG will be having a sale soon

hydro556
08-03-2007, 06:59 PM
I need several items and was wondering if there are any upcoming sales. I need some clay to replace mine that came in a Mothers clay kit. It is too small and getting pretty dirty. I also would like a quality interior dressing, thinking about 303 or something else, any tips? Want a general purpose, good quality cleaner that isnt too shiny, and wet looking but does a good job conditioning and protecting. Also still trying to decide on the best all around LSP for multiple colors. And lastly, I am going to be detailing a gold Jeep Wrangler and need something for the fiberglass fender flares and the top. What do you guys recommend for this?

DantheMan
08-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Yeah they probably will...

But not until the day after you order :D

Thats the way it always works for me.

Thejoyofdriving
08-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Want a general purpose, good quality cleaner that isnt too shiny, and wet looking but does a good job conditioning and protecting.
do you mean a general purpose good quality protectant? 303 is going to be shinny, not like crazy shiny but it will not have matte look. But i do believe that 303 is one of the best protectants i have seen. also i like that you can tell where you missed a spot, it makes dark leather and vinyl darker. As for a interior cleaner, i use 303 cleaner dilluted 30:1 or greater depending on how dirty the leather/ vinyl is. Its a great product, sooooooo many uses. Now, for the best around LSP? Well it depends, wax or sealant. For a wax I would have to say SigII is one you could try, I have never used it but it seems that people like it on all colors, Im not sure what sealant is good for all colors, maybe WG(wolfgang) DGS(deep gloss sealant), but i dont know, people seem to like it. For fiber glass? you could try this:

"303 AEROSPACE PROTECTANT
Gelcoat Fiberglass Application
Method 1).
Spray 303 on the surface liberally, rub it around with your hand or a thoroughly saturated sponge or cloth to assure the gelcoat is thoroughly wetted with 303. After a couple of hours if any portion of the surface is dull, apply more 303 to that portion. Let soak in for 12-24 hours. The entire surface will look like new, but to complete the job all the unabsorbed 303 must be wiped away. This is easily done with a clean towel and bucket of clean water. Soak the towel in the water, wring out most of the water and wipe down the gelcoat. If it is a large area, you will have to rinse out the towel periodically.
Method 2).
Wash the surface to remove surface dirt & grit. Then use a variable speed power buffer (set not to exceed 1800 rpm) with a synthetic wool pad(or equivalent). Spray 303 on the surface, spread with the buffer on low, then increase the Rpm’s & buff in until dry. Professionals utilizing this method achieve a labor savings of at least 80% compared to standard buffing & waxing, while producing a more lustrous and beautiful, longer lasting finish.
Note: In some cases, pre-buffing may be required. Be sure to use a buffing compound which leaves no wax or polymer finish.
RESULTS/BENEFITS:
Once properly applied, 303 Aerospace-treated gelcoat repels dust, dirt and moisture, stays cleaner longer and cleans up easier when finally soiled.

To prevent the reoccurrence of both UV fading and oxidation, periodically reapply 303 Aerospace Protectant (spray on/wipe dry). This will provide continuing UV protection and keep the gelcoat surface like new."-303products.com

or if you want something else for fiber glass you can use collinite #885 fleet wax, collinite #485 insulator wax. I am pretty sure that you can use almost any wax/sealant on fiber glass found in automobiles. Hope this helps.

hydro556
08-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Thanks guys. I am assuming the jeeps hardtop and fender flares are fiberglass, not 100% sure. Does anybody have a jeep and if so, what products do you find are the best for these areas?

ScottB
08-03-2007, 08:21 PM
I am sure Thanksgiving and Xmas sales are planned, have not heard of any others yet. Whats the next major holiday ???

DantheMan
08-04-2007, 06:19 AM
I am sure Thanksgiving and Xmas sales are planned, have not heard of any others yet. Whats the next major holiday ???

Labor day (beginning of sept I believe) :awesome:

Meghan
08-04-2007, 07:20 AM
We do not have anything in the works right now, but with Max sales come up on the fly all the time. You never know, but you should look on the special values page, we have Klasse, 303 and about 100 other products on sale. Add that to your free shipping and sounds close to a sale!:righton:

ltoman
08-04-2007, 03:40 PM
We do not have anything in the works right now, but with Max sales come up on the fly all the time. You never know, but you should look on the special values page, we have Klasse, 303 and about 100 other products on sale. Add that to your free shipping and sounds close to a sale!:righton:

Too true! I am temporarily banned from ordering, but I think I found a few little things my car can't live without.....hee hee heee:D :D