PDA

View Full Version : Two Cars, Two Paint Types, Totally Lost

smuruppi
07-30-2014, 07:49 PM
I am about to embark on my first true paint correction. The two cars in question are a 2014 Black Porsche Cayenne and a 2013 Black Corvette. Any opinions on processes and products greatly appreciated.

The Porsche is in "good" shape and just has some light swirl from a drive thru car wash, and has super soft paint.

My thinking with this one is:

ONR Wash
Meguiar's M205 on White Pad
CG Jet Seal 109 on Black Pad
CG Pete's '53 on Blue Pad

On the Corvette, its a different story... hard clear, some heavy scratches, and a odd circular swirl mark in the center of the hood. Plus, I'm looking for the best possible finish I can get before I take her to Car's and Coffee for the first time.
Plan of attack is:

Foam Wash w/ CG Mr. Pink
Clay
ONR Wash
Meguiar's M105 on Orange Pad
Meguiar's M205 on White Pad
Meguiar's M07 on Black Pad
CG Jet Seal 109 on Black Pad
CG Pete's '53 on Blue Pad

This all applied with a PC 7424XP. This will be my first go using the PC and multi-step process, and after months of reading and watching Mike's videos my head is swimming. I think I have the correct process but would like some reassurance.

trekkeruss
07-30-2014, 08:00 PM
My question is, if this is your first time correcting either car, how do you know the Porsche has soft paint and the Corvette hard?

Don't go by what you heard or read. Do a test spot on both cars, starting with the least aggressive combination of products and tools. Only then will you know for yourself how much cut you'll need, and whether the paint is soft or hard.

FUNX650
07-30-2014, 08:46 PM
My question is, if this is your first time correcting either car, how do you know the Porsche has soft paint and the Corvette hard?

Don't go by what you heard or read. Do a test spot on both cars, starting with the least aggressive combination of products and tools. Only then will you know for yourself how much cut you'll need, and whether the paint is soft or hard.
@OP: Please pay heed--->^^^:goodpost:^^^<---:props:

Bob