PDA

View Full Version : Could I use Optimum No Rinse and THIS?

luciddaydream
07-29-2014, 10:11 PM
Hey

I live in a condo, and the car is in a parking ramp.

I have found a top-floor level where few people park where I could do some detailing work on it.

Thanks to you guys, I heard about Optimum No Rinse and I am excited to try it.

However, carrying buckets of water up there might be difficult.

I was wondering if I could mix ONR with water on one of these, and then spray my car down and wipe it off, for smaller wash days.

http://www.amazon.com/Chapin-20000-1-Gallon-Garden-Sprayer/dp/B000E28UQU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406689795&sr=8-1&keywords=pesticide+pump

Thoughts?

Or is it not enough water?

GettingStarted
07-29-2014, 10:24 PM
You can do that although you might want to go a little heavy on the mixture to get proper lubrication. What your basically doing is going from a rinseless wash to a waterless wash and lubricity is key when doing these types of washes.

If you check out AmmoNyc on youtube, Larry shows you a process he goes through when using a pump sprayer like yours. Its not the only way to wash your car but it will help you get an idea of what to do.

Daviddear30
07-29-2014, 10:28 PM
If you can get a car to this spot to detail why can't you put a bucket of water/onr solution in the car when you drive it there? Get a gamma waterproof lid on a 5 gallon bucket

builthatch
07-29-2014, 10:29 PM
i'd just use Opti-Clean if you don't wanna do the water thing. only thing with that is you need to use a ton of MFs but it's still cake.

swanicyouth
07-29-2014, 10:32 PM
It's not enough water.

But, learn about the Gary Dean Wash Method. You can do a whole car with under 2 gallons of water. Wheels - your on your own there....But, there are ways...

But, instead of lugging water, with the GDWM you can just buy 2 gallons of distilled water (better for ONR anyway) at any store and pour it in a small bucket right at your car.

luciddaydream
07-29-2014, 10:40 PM
I watched Garry Dean video briefly. What about a misting bottle and a mini cooler stuffed with about 5 semi-wet solution-saturated clean rags to do the Garry Dean Method?

Also is opti-clean better than Meguiars Quick Detailer? Same concept?

I just dont really want to carry a big bucket of water up there, because I want to be in the closet (with my neighbors) about my car OCD

swanicyouth
07-29-2014, 10:49 PM
I watched Garry Dean video briefly. What about a misting bottle and a mini cooler stuffed with about 5 semi-wet solution-saturated clean rags to do the Garry Dean Method?

Also is opti-clean better than Meguiars Quick Detailer? Same concept?

I just dont really want to carry a big bucket of water up there, because I want to be in the closet (with my neighbors) about my car OCD

Dude, come out of the closet!!!

My neighbors all think I'm nuts. Don't care.

Rinseless washes are safer than waterless because the towel is soaked with solution. It seems what your trying to achieve is a waterless wash. You could just use the cooler as your bucket. Or, you could just drive some place with 2 gallons of DI water, a small bucket, and some towels. But, a rinseless wash works best when the towels are clean and dripping wet.

EVOlved
07-29-2014, 11:22 PM
If you really want to take care of it people will know. Who cares... I've gotten offers to run businesses for investors because of my meticulousness in car care...

EVOlved
07-29-2014, 11:50 PM
If you want to do waterless just buy UWW+. If the car hasn't been cleaned in awhile run it through a touchless wash or a coin OP wash first to get rid of the crud on the paint. And number one with rinseless or WW is to have a bunch of nice high quality MF towels on hand.