PDA

View Full Version : Detailer wanted!! Minneapolis, MN

EVOlved
07-29-2014, 08:07 PM
We have a new member who is looking for some assistance with a Porsche that hey got themselves into a little trouble with. So if there is anyone in the area willing to detail and provide some knowledge to our new member contact luciddaydream. Here is their post:

Hello

I am new to this stuff, and I have a bad parking ramp that doesn't allow me to work on stuff real well.

Today I saw some scratches on the back of my car, and I tried this compound stuff that came along with a touch up pen that I bought.

Well, the compound stuff created a haze along with tiny scratches.

I then tried to use some polish to fix it, and its still looking bad.

I assume that it goes compound -> polish -> wax, correct?
The compound and polish are grittier, with polish being less gritty, correct?

If someone could give me a hand it would be great. I hope I didn't damage it. I actually took it to a detailer next door but when I looked at the car in the sun it was hard to even see the area I am mentioning.. but in the shade with a LED light on it its definitely visible.

EVOlved
07-29-2014, 11:17 PM
Here is a pic of the damage done:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachments/auto-detailing-101/29352d1406689507-ugh-scratched-my-porsche-compound-scratches.jpg

I know I have taken care of worse and I hope we can find someone to help out our new member with their issue.

luciddaydream
07-30-2014, 12:13 AM
Thanks for posting this EVOLved!

EVOlved
07-30-2014, 01:23 AM
Thanks for posting this EVOLved!

NP just hoping someone responds. If you get someone to help you through here or PM please update us. With pics of course :dblthumb2:

StangFan25
07-30-2014, 02:04 AM
The offer I made in your other thread, still stands. Good luck! :)

EVOlved
07-30-2014, 11:56 AM
:bump:

FUNX650
07-30-2014, 01:06 PM
I totally agree with the below quote from AGO forum member Old Tiger:

"I would trust my baby with Chad if I lived in MN"!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/members/raskyr1.html

Bob

ZimRandy
07-30-2014, 01:22 PM
Rasky is the man and probably closer than me, but I'd be willing to lend a hand to try to fix the damage.

Randy

EVOlved
07-30-2014, 01:33 PM
There you go I knew there was someone I was forgetting.. Yes Chad a.k.a. RaskyR1!! Thanks Bob.

dnoraker
08-06-2014, 10:01 AM
I'm in Coon Rapids, about 20 minutes NW of Minneapolis. I have a PT detailing business and I've buffed out a lot of Porsches. If it's just a little spot, I'll just do it for free. Lord knows Rasky has saved my butt on a few things and didn't ask a dime. Shoot me a PM if interested. My name is Dan.

andy2485
05-18-2016, 02:11 PM
did u fix it?