PDA

View Full Version : post compound/polish

jerber1
07-28-2014, 08:42 PM
What is thebest wash to do after compound or polishing to remove dust and compound/polish oils? Besides IPA

Kamakaz1961
07-28-2014, 09:03 PM
Try Menzerna Top Inspection. That stuff IMO is one of the Best out there. AGO sells it. It is in the Quick Detailer section but I do not know why. It is a dedicated cleaner after polishing.

inDetail
07-28-2014, 10:13 PM
Griot's makes one as well that gets good reviews and a 35oz bottle is cheaper then the Menz. Another good one is Eraser.
They pretty much all work the same. I use whatever I can get cheaper then IPA until something goes on sale

WRAPT C5Z06
07-28-2014, 10:15 PM
GlassWow, hands down!

Hazcat
07-28-2014, 10:21 PM
If it's not a classic that you can't wash with water then a regular wash works great. If you're going to use a sealant product that plays well with your polish then a final wipe with your MF towel is plenty. Wolfgang work works with Menzerna. The Pinnacles go well with Pinnacle wax, Meguairs with Meguairs, etc.. you get the idea. There's nothing out there that makes an Eraser, Griots, Menzerna Top Inspection, or IPA a mandatory process and in fact may do more harm than good. If you're jumping around with product types then a wipe down with one of those products may be a good idea.

jerber1
07-28-2014, 10:31 PM
Im still new to this, so im messy. Just want a final wash/ wipedown before sealant or wax. Ive also heard washing with Dawn will get the job done. Opinions?

Hazcat
07-28-2014, 11:00 PM
Sure you can use dawn. Make sure you put protectant on your plastic to nourish it afterward.

cardaddy
07-28-2014, 11:16 PM
Might look at Meguiar's D114 rinseless wash. No wax, just cleans great! :) Also you can mix it with IPA and use it as a panel wipe. ;)

kamakanani0
07-30-2014, 03:34 AM
Use hybrid v7 from chemical guys works great as a final wipedown / wash and it's a sealant .

hernandez.art13
07-30-2014, 04:18 AM
I prefer not to use Dawn soap actually, since it's not really designed to be used that way. Can leave behind soap residue etc... think of it this way, sometimes when the dishes are washed and dried you can still smell the dish washing soap. Most likely because soap got left behind and since dish washing soap is pretty concentrated, maybe the Mrs. got generous with the soap when she was washing the dishes or poisoning lol. Not married so wouldn't know. :D

If your trying to clean off the car after you've compounded and polished the car. Then a regular 2bm works well with a dedicated car soap. I would recommend Meguiar's Crystal Wash for this since it is fairly inexpensive and can be bought pretty much anywhere, but I mainly use it for wheels and tires. Foams up pretty nice too.

Little by little keep trying to improve yourself and then just a regular clean MF towel wipe does the trick and if need be then you can do a waterless wash too.