PDA

View Full Version : Groits paint sealant??????

PeterPistol
07-28-2014, 08:05 PM
Does the griots paint sealant really last a Year.......

Kamakaz1961
07-28-2014, 08:28 PM
IMO No sealant (just stand alone no other topping lik a wax) whether it be Griots, Blackfire, Wolfgangs, Menzerna...etc. Does not last a year...especially if it's your DD. If you put a wax on top of a sealant then possible but I am in the doubtful column that even that would last a year.

Now a coating IMO will last over a year.

custmsprty
07-28-2014, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=Kamakaz1961;1138738]IMO No sealant (just stand alone no other topping lik a wax) whether it be Griots, Blackfire, Wolfgangs, Menzerna...etc. Does not last a year...especially if it's your DD. If you put a wax on top of a sealant then possible but I am in the doubtful column that even that would last a year.

:iagree: and down here in Florida even with a wax on top you rarely get 6 months. I put Blackfire on my wifes white Altima in May and its parked outside every day, solid water beading lasted about 2 months. It just spent the week outdoors in Miami at the cruise port and it was raining when I picked it up and zero beading, lots of tree crap on it. I washed it yesterday and reapplied a fresh coat. Looks great again.

jamesboyy
07-28-2014, 09:19 PM
Groits Garage paint sealant last about six to eight from my experience, and the reason why is cause I layered the product three times followed by three coats of wax and cause I used spray wax after weekly wash

CarolinasFinestDetailing
07-28-2014, 10:20 PM
^ Holy layers Batman!!!!

Desertnate
07-29-2014, 08:08 AM
Groits Garage paint sealant last about six to eight from my experience, and the reason why is cause I layered the product three times followed by three coats of wax and cause I used spray wax after weekly wash

At that point how can you tell what the bottom base is doing? The wax and spray wax layers are the ones really going all the abuse.

I've never seen a sealant go a year either. Two layers of Klasse SG will get me 6~7 months living in the mid west.

RobertJ34
07-29-2014, 09:07 AM
DP poli coat sealant claims a year, but I am not positive if its 100% true. I have it on my friends car...but its been maybe 5-6 months so far. Still beads so far

jamesboyy
07-29-2014, 11:05 AM
At that point how can you tell what the bottom base is doing? The wax and spray wax layers are the ones really going all the abuse.

I've never seen a sealant go a year either. Two layers of Klasse SG will get me 6~7 months living in the mid west.

Very true Desertnate, I now know I had kinda over killed it thought I was just a newbie at the time, but after discovering the Klasse method, and couldn't be happier with the results, and uses this product every 6 to 7 months

Radekbg
07-29-2014, 11:25 AM
Any info about Zytexx ? It is a ceramic clear coat or a sealant if its applied with sponge.
I'm looking for some info about it since I work in marine industry.

I don't believe in miracle products but a friend of mine, that had a test job on his yacht with this product, 2 years ago, told me that it still looks great compared to the rest of the paint.

Gunslinger
07-29-2014, 03:26 PM
Griot's Paint Sealant easily lasts a year on my car...but the car is garaged and I'm retired, so it doesn't see the use a daily driven car does. Regardless...Griot's is top notch stuff in my experience.

Sicoupe
07-30-2014, 01:33 PM
I have used it once and was not impressed.

HateSwirls
07-30-2014, 02:05 PM
I've used Griot's Paint Sealant a few times, tried it on my personal cars and find it to be a top notch sealant and last as long as most other sealants.
Maybe not as good as my go to Wolfgang Paint Sealant but pretty dame close, just not as slick and not as much gloss but the price is very affordable.

I give it four stars, I'd give five if it was as slick as the WG.
Can't go wrong with it.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AG Online

BTLew81
07-30-2014, 04:04 PM
I have used it once and was not impressed.

Can you elaborate?

HateSwirls
07-31-2014, 06:28 AM
Can you elaborate?

I'd like to know myself.
Like I said it's as good as most other sealants, it does what it's suppose to do, last much longest than a "Wax"
All for a great price, so easy to remove , that I forgot to mention.