PDA

View Full Version : is it worth buying neoprene car seat covers?

sito
07-28-2014, 11:00 AM
is it worth buying neoprene car seat covers?

does it really protect the seats?

trekkeruss
07-28-2014, 11:15 AM
I have a very furry 70 pound dog, so for me the answer is definitely yes.

builthatch
07-28-2014, 11:18 AM
yes.

in the Tacoma community they are very popular because they work. light cloth seats are not a good choice in trucks that are used like trucks! haha

Kingston
07-28-2014, 11:21 AM
I put some on a brand new car I bought back in 2002. A focus. Had them on there for 6 years until I sold it. 60k mikes and when I removed them, front seats only, you would swear the seats were brand new. They were more of a velour cotton fabric very soft and smooth but they certainly paid for themselves.

11Frontier
07-28-2014, 11:26 AM
For what it's worth: I was looking into them last year and scoured my Frontier forum and came up with a no to neoprene but a yes to the higher end covers. A couple of the posts said that the neoprene does not let the fabric breath and it dries out. My truck is not a DD or work truck and no pets so I just went with bath towels that match the interior and I put it on the seats with snaps to wrap around the head rests when I need the seats covered after a sweaty bike ride.

bugeye
07-28-2014, 07:48 PM
Well pleased with neoprene car seat covers. Fit is excellent and stays in place. Worth the $ to protect the seat. Don't spend on universal or "fits" seat covers.