PDA

View Full Version : Do You Buff DLUX or Use It As a WOWA?

Tector
07-28-2014, 07:41 AM
I used DLUX on textured trim for the first time this weekend. At first I was applying it and then buffing 10 minutes later. I found that in some areas the coating was still tacky and I was afraid I would remove all of it. later I tried applying it very thin and didn't buff it all. This morning it was dry and looked good so I don't see a problem with this approach. What do the rest of you do?

Setec Astronomy
07-28-2014, 09:19 AM
I think the buffing approach is more for smooth surfaces where the buffing makes sure you have an even appearance. I think you want to buff before it gets tacky.

Tector
07-28-2014, 09:20 AM
Thanks Setec. That makes perfect sense.

KillaCam
07-28-2014, 10:26 AM
I think the buffing approach is more for smooth surfaces where the buffing makes sure you have an even appearance. I think you want to buff before it gets tacky.

+1. Buff until it gets even right after you apply it.
No buffing needed for textured plastic just enjoy the looks!

AutowerxDetailing
07-28-2014, 11:26 AM
+1. Buff until it gets even right after you apply it.
No buffing needed for textured plastic just enjoy the looks!

+2 :dblthumb2:

Radarryan
07-28-2014, 04:09 PM
Yep... I gotta agree with everyone else, though sometimes with smooth plastic I can still wowa. It really depends but I try to touch it as least as possible. With textured, it's super easy. Smooth is only marginally more work.

Tector
07-29-2014, 07:49 AM
Thank you for all your advice. I now understand better the correct way to apply this stuff, and my results are getting a lot better. I was treating it like wax where you buff off the dried residue which is not how this stuff works.