PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire Wet Diamond

jerber1
07-27-2014, 11:58 PM
My friend told me to try Wet Diamond awhile back. The stuff is amazing! I have topped it with many waxes and they all look great. Has anyone tried the reverse and put Wet Diamond over a wax? :bolt::bolt:

TurboToys
07-28-2014, 12:15 AM
you could but it won't last. wouldn't think it would do much good to top with it, might just look like it. since it kind of makes a mirror like effect and not a deep gloss effect. you'll likely loose the deeper gloss in favor of the mirror.

not like it would hurt though, toss it on and take some side by side shots

Nth Degree
07-28-2014, 12:26 AM
Not only will it not last long, the carrier solvent of the Wet Diamond may remove the wax underneath.

jerber1
08-02-2014, 12:53 PM
I corrected paint. Then I coated car with Blackfire Wet Diamond. Let it cure for 8 hours. I applied Souveran paste wax, I will say the wax seemed to not "stick" to paint almost like Wet Diamond was too slippery. I almost think paint looks better with JUST wet diamond on it with no wax. Paint seems to "pop"more. Maybe its my imagination?

mwoolfso
08-02-2014, 01:30 PM
Maybe its my imagination?

That's certainly possible.

Rsurfer
08-02-2014, 02:27 PM
My friend told me to try Wet Diamond awhile back. The stuff is amazing! I have topped it with many waxes and they all look great. Has anyone tried the reverse and put Wet Diamond over a wax? :bolt::bolt:

Sealant needs clean paint to bond to. Waxes just sit on top of whatever you are applying it to.

cleanmycorolla
08-02-2014, 04:17 PM
I like the combo with BFMS, but BFWD on its own is very pretty. Love the shimmering look.

Mizzoutiger
08-03-2014, 12:04 AM
Sealant needs clean paint to bond to. Waxes just sit on top of whatever you are applying it to.
:iagree:

jerber1
08-03-2014, 01:47 PM

I also agree. I let it cure for 8 hours. Applying the wax was like trying to wax a wet car.