PDA

View Full Version : Never touch a detailers car!

Pages : [1] 2

brandon g
07-27-2014, 01:11 PM
I'm at work today and a co-worker comes to me and says I rinsed your car off for you. I thought she was joking at first but after asking her if she was serious several times and told her my windows were cracked she assured me she had done it. I go outside and sure enough she had rinsed my car off with the windows partly down. The car had just been washed. Now the car has water spots all over it. After wiping the interior down from the water that came inside the cabin I can't understand what was going through her mind. No real harm done considering the the water spots aren't a pain to remove. I'm glad I handled it well and didn't blow up on her. I told her she is helping me prepare for having kids when it comes to my temper. Just felt like venting.

Niblick
07-27-2014, 01:57 PM
women mate, its no good trying to work them out, you just gotta roll with the punches lol

WAXOFF
07-27-2014, 02:05 PM
The people I work with know better than to touch my car. I have a reputation and carry a pistol.

Chase.Barnett
07-27-2014, 02:51 PM
The people I work with know better than to touch my car. I have a reputation and carry a pistol.

Are you my brother?

WAXOFF
07-27-2014, 02:57 PM
Are you my brother?
My kind of guy. By the way I work at a VW dealer. I went on a dealer trade last week and got 54.1 MPG on a 2014 Passat TDI 6 Speed.

SYMAWD
07-27-2014, 03:21 PM
My kind of guy. By the way I work at a VW dealer. I went on a dealer trade last week and got 54.1 MPG on a 2014 Passat TDI 6 Speed.

Same. I just traded a 6 speed GTI and got 38.5 MPG which is pretty impressive on my way down to Virginia (280 miles) and got 31 MPG in the DSG EOS on the trip back up. It was a long day, but the GTI was fun on the way down and I actually like the EOS a lot.

KillaCam
07-27-2014, 03:57 PM

What are you gonna do, shoot them for touching your car?

hernandez.art13
07-27-2014, 04:14 PM
Maybe she wants you to ask her out on a date? <3

Lol

Unless your married and all already. If so the disregard the joke.

She's preparing you heh? ;)

hoyt66
07-27-2014, 05:13 PM

Same.
Question is " what was she doing out there that she had the capability to wash you car ?"

Edit : re read your post. You work as a detailer. Sorry

WAXOFF
07-27-2014, 05:51 PM
My car might be fearing for it's life. No I'm not going to shoot them!!! It's just a joke at my work to stay away from my Jeep.

WAXOFF
07-27-2014, 05:52 PM
I'm at work today and a co-worker comes to me and says I rinsed your car off for you. I thought she was joking at first but after asking her if she was serious several times and told her my windows were cracked she assured me she had done it. I go outside and sure enough she had rinsed my car off with the windows partly down. The car had just been washed. Now the car has water spots all over it. After wiping the interior down from the water that came inside the cabin I can't understand what was going through her mind. No real harm done considering the the water spots aren't a pain to remove. I'm glad I handled it well and didn't blow up on her. I told her she is helping me prepare for having kids when it comes to my temper. Just felt like venting.

My first thought was also that she likes you and that was her way of getting your attention.

PrismDetailing
07-27-2014, 05:59 PM
She is a keeper! not many girls out there will clean their own cars let alone attempt to with someone elses lol

But as you say no harm done, she probably thought she was being nice and in the self centered, selfish world we live its not really something to loose your temper at.....worst case, you wash and dry it again, or QD it, it would be a different matter if she used a brush or something and washed the paint causing damage.

RTexasF
07-27-2014, 07:34 PM
You DID ask to not to do that again right?

aim4squirrels
07-27-2014, 07:36 PM
Perhaps next week she'll "detail" it for you.

Then next month she'll wet-sand it for you.

Come to think of it, you better break her heart now, as this could get ugly fast...

hernandez.art13
07-27-2014, 07:42 PM
Like this?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/28/dyteze8e.jpg

This?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/28/8ahu3a9u.jpg

Or this?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/28/yja4agyn.jpg

:D