PDA

View Full Version : GTechniq C1 info/Help

Daniel Kinder
07-27-2014, 11:29 AM
Have a couple questions, looked around for my answer but didn't find. I've applied Ceramic Pro's coatings once, CAR Products on a couple vehicles, just applied Detailers paint coating and now have 3 bottles of C1 and a 500 ml of C2.

My Questions:

1) How long for the cure time before the hardness sets in, 2 weeks/ month?

2) How long protection does it offer, under the ideal proper maintenance wash's and no car washes, and applying C2 and/or C1.5 once a month/ every other month in the regular washes?
* 3 years?
* 5 years?
* 7 years?

3) It's just like a wax/sealant, when it starts to wear off it just fades away?

I've tried to come up with a answer but really isn't any and since this is consider by many to be one of the best coatings out there I would like to have some good responses so I can make a call on what's the best answer's for my customer's.

And any other tip's / trick's or advice or any pro's and con's?

Also I've used the suede microfiber cloths / Lake Country coating applicator and now getting ready to try out the round make up applicators, What's some of your guys opinions?

willtothewong
07-27-2014, 01:10 PM
These are good questions.

I've been a long time traditional wax/sealant guy who will venture into the coating realm.

I've been eyeing either G Techniq or Pinnacle Black Label.

KevinGTNA
07-29-2014, 07:25 AM
Have a couple questions, looked around for my answer but didn't find. I've applied Ceramic Pro's coatings once, CAR Products on a couple vehicles, just applied Detailers paint coating and now have 3 bottles of C1 and a 500 ml of C2.

My Questions:

1) How long for the cure time before the hardness sets in, 2 weeks/ month?

We recommend 12 hours before C1 can be exposed to water, and full cure is reached in about 48 hours. The temp and the climate you are applying the product in certainly has an effect on this.

2) How long protection does it offer, under the ideal proper maintenance wash's and no car washes, and applying C2 and/or C1.5 once a month/ every other month in the regular washes?
* 3 years?
* 5 years?
* 7 years?

You are probably looking at about 3-4 years with proper maintenance.

3) It's just like a wax/sealant, when it starts to wear off it just fades away?

Yes, there will be no cracking or chipping as some people have asked.

I've tried to come up with a answer but really isn't any and since this is consider by many to be one of the best coatings out there I would like to have some good responses so I can make a call on what's the best answer's for my customer's.

And any other tip's / trick's or advice or any pro's and con's?

Also I've used the suede microfiber cloths / Lake Country coating applicator and now getting ready to try out the round make up applicators, What's some of your guys opinions?

If you want, I can send you our detailed application guide for C1. It goes over proper preparation and application in a very step by step manner. Shoot me an email and let me know!

KevinAwalt@gtechniqNA.com