PDA

View Full Version : How to remove old wax from 3M clear bra?

creaky
07-27-2014, 10:43 AM
I've been trying to find a good answer to this question. Not trying to get wax out of the seam at the edge of the bra, but off the bra itself. Plexus it is said causes yellowing so I'm ruling that out. IPA? Other product?

Also, is it OK to use a "cleaning wax" on a clear bra?

Thanks.

STPETEDALE
07-27-2014, 02:06 PM
I use chemical guys wash /gloss to strip /prep.Clay?? I treat the bra as I do paint.

jpegs13
07-28-2014, 03:30 AM
How old is the film? I don't really think it's old wax, I think the film is starting to yellow

creaky
07-28-2014, 06:55 AM
How old is the film? I don't really think it's old wax, I think the film is starting to yellow

The film isn't old (1.5 years) and it's not yellowing. I'm just asking how to get a "fresh start" on the clear bra by removing old wax.

Radarryan
07-28-2014, 04:13 PM
I have a 3M clear bra and yes, you can use a cleaner/wax if you want. To remove the wax from the bra, I use IPA. You can also use an Eraser type product, too. Just don't use GTechniq Panel Wipe, because it will ruin your clear bra (I found out the hard way. Now they have a disclaimer in their directions, thanks to me, lol). When I used IPA, I think it was a 15% solution, but I have used full strength without any negative effects. Hope this helps. Happy detailing!

creaky
07-28-2014, 07:59 PM
I have a 3M clear bra and yes, you can use a cleaner/wax if you want. To remove the wax from the bra, I use IPA. You can also use an Eraser type product, too. Just don't use GTechniq Panel Wipe, because it will ruin your clear bra (I found out the hard way. Now they have a disclaimer in their directions, thanks to me, lol). When I used IPA, I think it was a 15% solution, but I have used full strength without any negative effects. Hope this helps. Happy detailing!

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed!