PDA

View Full Version : Has any one used the Wenol polishes?

Thejoyofdriving
08-03-2007, 12:55 AM
Ive benn looking around for a good polish that can work on many types of metal surfaces. So far Wenol looks like what I need. Of course I want the best stuff out there, as long as its not like super expensive, so, is Wenol what im looking for?Will it remove swirls? Is it top notch? Thanks.

sparkie
08-03-2007, 04:35 AM
Wenol polishes is some awesome stuff. I use it for my old coins. Dose a great job no hard rubbing. As far as I know it will not removed swirls. A least I've never seen it do that on coins.

ScottB
08-03-2007, 06:25 AM
I love the metal polishes from English Custom, and beg that at some point we carry them here. Wenol is nice, but I think the P21S Metal Restrorer looks better.

Thejoyofdriving
08-03-2007, 10:21 AM
I just took a look at the p21s metal soap. It says that it polishes but, its more of a soap to clean the metal than to polish it right? Also will it work on as many surfaces as Wenol? Any other recomendations?

FMINUS
08-03-2007, 12:33 PM
The P21S works REALLY GOOD! The only thing is that it doesnt leaves a protective film after, so follow it up with another product.

I normally follow up w CG metal shine, DG, or NXT. (NXT is my favorite so far, the ONLY product I like from NXT btw)

Totoland Mach
08-03-2007, 01:04 PM
I've used the Wenol Blue and Red on aluminum wheels (non clear coated). The Red is more aggressive and good for stainless as well. The Blue is more of a finishing polish.

Toto

Thejoyofdriving
08-03-2007, 02:18 PM
But isnt p21s more of a soap to clean rather than polish?

Thejoyofdriving
08-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Ohh... opps, i think i have been looking at the p21s soap instead of the multi surface restorer. Killr you are talking about the multi surface restorer right? There are so many polishes to choose from, I dont know which one is the best. More help please, are there any other polishes that you guys would recomend. Im looking for one that does not have a strong odor.

FMINUS
08-03-2007, 02:55 PM
I was talking about the soap

Thejoyofdriving
08-03-2007, 05:19 PM
I called AG and they recomended Wenol. I will probably get some of that p21s soap to clean the surface before using the Wenol, or what ever polish i decide to get. Any more suggestions?

bambo2888
08-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Even thew blue is still too agressive, as is the new WG Metalwerks. I have a polished aluminum frame and tried a very little bit of the blue Wenol and on a seperate occasion, tried the WG Metalwerk, both left light holograms. I'm stumped on what to do that really works by hand.

I did, however, use Pinnacle's Advanced Finishing polish on the aluminum with a PC, and it turned out AWESOME. Taking the fairings off everytime for the PC is way too much for on a bi-daily basis.

Thejoyofdriving
08-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Even thew blue is still too agressive, as is the new WG Metalwerks. I have a polished aluminum frame and tried a very little bit of the blue Wenol and on a seperate occasion, tried the WG Metalwerk, both left light holograms
hummm, thats weird, has anyone had this problem with the wenol polishes before? i dont think the wenol has abrasives, so it should not creat holograms.

ScottB
08-03-2007, 08:35 PM
the soap is great for wheels and other neglected items as removes alot of tarnish. It does still need to be polished and buffed and thats where the Finish Restorer comes in.

Thejoyofdriving
08-03-2007, 08:49 PM
the soap is great for wheels and other neglected items as removes alot of tarnish. It does still need to be polished and buffed and thats where the Finish Restorer comes in.

Understood, i plan on getting some of the soap as a prepolishing cleaner. I am looking for a product that leaves a protective coating, which p21s finish restorer does not. Do you recomend any other polish besides p21s FR? :)

ScottB
08-04-2007, 08:08 AM
you can always add a coat of DP Wheel Glaze or Poorboys Wheel Sealant after polishing like I do ....