PDA

View Full Version : 4 " polishing pads

molarman
07-26-2014, 03:02 PM
can u use 4" ccs pads with a flex 3401? cant find a smaller backing plate; any ideas as to how to use the smaller pads with a dual action polisher vs having to do it by hand; ive got arthritis and its getting too hard via hand

Kamakaz1961
07-26-2014, 03:18 PM
can u use 4" ccs pads with a flex 3401? cant find a smaller backing plate; any ideas as to how to use the smaller pads with a dual action polisher vs having to do it by hand; ive got arthritis and its getting too hard via hand

Lake Country sells a 4" and 7" backing plate combo. The 4" backing plate can use 4" pads. It is a tight fit but does work well when you get it right. Try that. AGO sell the LC backing Plate kit.

Additionally, Mike Phillips has a how to article somewhere in here regarding the 4" backing plate

molarman
07-26-2014, 03:26 PM
thanks for ur reply ill give them a call

Tato
07-26-2014, 06:05 PM
That's right. I use any 4" pad on the 4" Flex backing plate. Like said above, there's no margin for error, so using CCS pads (which are a bit taller) gives you ample room for work.

Just be sure the velcro part of the pad is 4" (i.e: Rupes 4" pads has 3" velcro, Meguiar's 4" pads has 3" velcro).

Ah... If you are considering LC 4" plate system for the Flex, don't forget to get 5" LC HYBRID Pads.

Trust me, get (at least 2, but 3 if possible) Orange, Blue, White and Black, all in 5" for the 4" plate. It'll change your polishing life hahaha

Skip the Yellow.

Hope that helps,

Kind Regards.