PDA

View Full Version : I need something to replace 303.

Pages : [1] 2

2K4CE
07-26-2014, 11:48 AM
LOVED this stuff for years for my interior.

Recently got a new 4runner, and given the quality of toyota weatherstripping and seals, I decided to put the 'spf for my stuff' on the black parts.

Well, turns out, any moisture will react with the 303 and make the black panels look streaky and terrible.

I'd also used Adam's VRT, but it's greasy and lasts a week at best.

What would you suggest for both protection and darkness? I'm looking to reapply every 3-4 months at the most.

I have gummi-stift for the actual interior weatherstripping, but the black plastic needs love.

Most 'blackening' products I've found tend to not work on both rough and smooth surfaces, or they end up streaky in a month.

Basically I want something exactly like 303 - but durable.

and non slippery is a huge bonus, for running boards.

swanicyouth
07-26-2014, 11:55 AM
DLux meets all your criteria and more.

Kingston
07-26-2014, 11:56 AM
Poorboys makes some trim dressing that is clear, thin like water, and non greasy. I've never actually tried it but a dealer we clean for thinks its great stuff.

2K4CE
07-26-2014, 12:04 PM
CQuartz DLux Plastic & Wheel Coating (http://www.autogeek.net/cquartz-dlux.html) This the stuff?

AutowerxDetailing
07-26-2014, 12:50 PM
CQuartz DLux Plastic & Wheel Coating (http://www.autogeek.net/cquartz-dlux.html) This the stuff?

An excellent choice.

Sent from my N9810 using AG Online

Kingston
07-26-2014, 01:01 PM
Everybody says good things about dlux so thats probably a good sign. We dont do this type of work, mainly due to it being very expensive, so I've never tried it either. That stuff is EXPENSIVE for a d.d. especially for things like door seals. On an s550, yes, on a daily driven mid range SUV, I dont know.

allenk4
07-26-2014, 01:13 PM
DLux meets all your criteria and more.

+1 for DLUX "Coating"

It is more expensive than the temporary "dressings", but:

Longevity- I am going of 10 months with it in the black pebble grained plastic in my Yukon.

Efficiency- No need to apply after every two washes

Looks- good darkening effect without looking greasy

Protection- UV resistant

Ease of cleaning- water spots rinse off & it sheds dirt with only regular car wash

One of my favorite products

BeachZone
07-26-2014, 01:16 PM
What you need is either CQ DLux for superior protection or Ultima TTG.

Also, for interiors, I haven't used a better product than Ultima Interior Guard. That stuff annihilates 303 imho.

-Beach

The Guz
07-26-2014, 03:58 PM
Wolfgang exterior trim sealant, blackfire tire and trim shine are a couple other options. Something over the counter that works good is turtle wax jet black endura shin trim coating.

swanicyouth
07-26-2014, 04:05 PM
Some people think DLux is expensive. Same with Tuff Shine. But, if you value your time - they are cheap. DLux lasts a year. That means, for AT LEAST a year you won't have to clean trim with anything but soap. You won't have to dress trim or clean/buy any dressing applicators. Trim will remain looking very good - not sticky or greasy like some dressings.

The trim will stay permanently clean - you will never have to scrub off old dressings or brown slime. DLux won't run or attract dust. It beads water better than any coating. You will never have to clean dressing that accidentally got on your paint or glass again.

Maybe for dealer detailer shops I can see it being to expensive. But, for personal use - it's a great bargain. It's $40 or so (probably can get it cheaper on promotion), but one bottle can do several cars.

For a personal car - I think it's a no brainer.

hoyt66
07-26-2014, 05:21 PM
Dlux all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2K4CE
07-26-2014, 05:49 PM
Hmm so one bottle should do both the black plastic on a 4runner and a Tundra (including running boards)?

$40/yr once per vehicle is way better than 303 every f**n time the car gets a drop of water on it.

That ultima interior guard looks nice too... maybe I'll retire 303 to engine plastics.

AZ Mike
07-26-2014, 10:34 PM
I have used Meguiar's NXT Tech Protect on the interior and exterior of my vehicle and after 2 months, it is still looking good.

wdmaccord
07-26-2014, 10:43 PM
While we are discussing DLux, how long does it last in the bottle? Is it like CQuartz where you have to use it within 6 months of opening? I'd be interested in DLux if it can sit on the shelf for a year or 2 after being opened.

I also see it leaves a glossy look. Is that was you guys have experienced? I like more of a matte to satin look.

allenk4
07-26-2014, 10:51 PM
On my pebble grain exterior plastic, DLUX has the perfect amount of gloss.

It is not so glossy that it looks greasy.

Matte exterior plastics just don't look right to me.