PDA

View Full Version : Need to get better products

Pages : [1] 2

beavslu01
08-02-2007, 10:45 PM
Well its time to go the next step of getting better products. The first thing i ordered was a PC with Edge pad and XMT int. swirl removal and Pinnicale wheel gel with the EZ detail brush. The next order i get i think i want to get wheel gel, car wash shampoo, gritt guard, window cleaner, a new wash mitt, and maybe some kind of interior cleaner. Right now i have various types of wheel foam, 3M car wash shampoo that just doesnt seem to foam up that well, windex, a 3-5 year old mitt that my dad got, and Armoral wipes. Also, one thing i was thinking of buying was a foam gun from Autogeeks. I wanted to know if its worth the money. I just want some feedback on what things to get in these areas of cleaning. Thanks.

Things i have now:

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w271/beavslu01/102_1145.jpg

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w271/beavslu01/102_1144.jpg

Rsurfer
08-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Get some clay first

Nica
08-02-2007, 11:12 PM
Yea, I agree with Rsurfer. A nice clay bar would be a nice addition to your collection. Collection looks good.

Thank you for sharing the pictures.

FMINUS
08-03-2007, 02:02 AM
Is that a Vintage bottle of AA Tire Foam? Looks like its from the 70's!

klumzypinoy
08-03-2007, 02:35 AM
I would recommend the Shmitt wash mitt, all white :D sheepskin is nice too, but I'm in love with the Shmitt. If you want foaming action shampoo, Poorboy's Super Slick and Suds foams up real nice. As for the foam gun, I have been thinking about it, but I haven't bought one. I can tell you that I can live without it :p. Get some clay, and I would recommend a Cobra Guzzler if you don't have one. I've had this since January and I love it. I can't think of using anything else, well besides a leaf blower. And, like what the others said, get some clay :) unless you have it unpictured. I would also recommend DP 4 in 1 as clay lube. If you dedicate DP 4 in 1 as a clay lube, you can make 32 spray bottles (32 oz size) of it.

beavslu01
08-03-2007, 12:21 PM
I actually have the Mothers clay and also their guzzler i got from an auto store. Sorry i forgot to put that down. As for the tire foam, thats my dads. I just want to get better products to use on my cars and change from buying over the counter things.

bill walsh
08-03-2007, 12:27 PM
beavslu01 is that car a ford falcon or chevy impala?

beavslu01
08-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Heres what i am thinking:

car shampoo: DP or Poorboys and gritt guard
tire gel: Pinnicale tire gel
wash mitt: Shmitt
windows: DP glass cleaner
interior: DP interior combo

Does this sound like a good list of things to get?
Please let me know if i should change anything, im going to place an order by the end of the week.
thanks

Bill, the car is a 1963 Ford Fairlane 500

gpdallam
08-03-2007, 01:29 PM
I'd like to see more pics of that Fairlane.:D

Get some Duragloss Rain Repel. I use it on paint and glass as QD and lov it.

Cobra04
08-03-2007, 01:38 PM
I actually have the Mothers clay and also their guzzler i got from an auto store. Sorry i forgot to put that down. As for the tire foam, thats my dads. I just want to get better products to use on my cars and change from buying over the counter things.

First I must say, In my honest opinion that mothers clay is junk. In the past month ive used DP universal clay, Zaino clay, and the mothers. I Think the DP was the best out of all of them, the zaino got stuff out well as did the DP but it fell apart. The mother clay didnt get crap out compared to them and sure they probably marred a bit, but if your polishing afterwards then some light marring isn't a big deal IMO. DP is also pretty cheap, 2 nice size bars you can cut in half for 25 bucks.

The foamgun....GET ONE!!!! Ive had mine for over a year and its worked great, This is a pic of after i went over the cobra with straight megs nxt in the thing, I use DP extreme foam formula now, greaaattttt stuff!

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x156/cobrafast0422/hootersgtg07009.jpg

Get rid of that armorall stuff....
Id invest in a few bottles of 303 protectant, its super versatile. You can use it on vinyl, rubber, plactic, leather, all that good stuff. Its got good durability and puts a low glass shine on everything and doesnt look/feel greasy. It also has great protection and UV blockers. best part about it IMO is you can use it on so much and dont have to have a million different products, just some 303:righton: I jsut used it on an entire interior of a F350 crew cab, seats are vinyl, and I really liked it. Although I let it sit for a few minutes on the front seats for some added protection, and theyve gotten better after a day or two but it causes them to be a little slippery and sorta squeak when you move around on them.

Tip: Let it sit on tires or exterior peices for a good couple of minutes, then apply againt, the wipe off excess. That what i do for tires and wheels wells.

Get some more cobra MF's(can never have too many!:righton: ) Make sure you get some dedicated microfiber detergent/conditioner(I like and use the pinnacle MF detergent.rejuvantor stuff)

Also Id get these wass mitts ULTI-MIT Wash Mitt & ULTI-MIT Scrubber Wheel Mitt by Lake Country (http://www.autogeek.net/ultimate-wash-by-lake-country.html)
I got them and LOVE them, i shoot the mit with some foam before i hit a panel or section of the vehicle and it works great. To me they feel like some well thought out, qulity peices, not just another old wash mitt.

Hope this helps...:cheers:

FMINUS
08-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Try the cannon.......... I will never touch a foam gun again.........

beavslu01
08-03-2007, 04:21 PM
The cobra looks good, ill mostly be using these products on my mustang, parents cars, and the fairlane. I feel bad now because i just bought some more mothers clay about 2 hours ago. I guess i will pick up some DP clay when i order my other stuff. Im only looking to spend aroud $100. Thanks for the replys though.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w271/beavslu01/100_0848-1.jpg

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w271/beavslu01/102_1188.jpg

klumzypinoy
08-03-2007, 04:27 PM
You made a nice list of products, I think you're good to go!

beavslu01
08-03-2007, 10:15 PM
The shopping list i just ordered:

Red ULTI-MIT Wash Mitt
The Grit Guard Insert – Yellow
DP Xtreme Foam Formula Auto Shampoo
Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel
Autogeek Quart Foamaster Foam Gun
DP Total Interior Combo
Cobra Deluxe Combo Pack
Diamondite Perfect Vision Glass Combo

Hopefully this is a good set up for me,(around $180), but i will soon find out and thanks for helping guys.

Cobra04
08-03-2007, 10:47 PM
looks good, Have fun!