PDA

View Full Version : Finally starting to realize, detailing isnt forever.

Pages : [1] 2

Kingston
07-25-2014, 11:06 PM
Finally took the first step towards real financial freedom today. Got my dealer license after so many years of cleaning mostly dealer cars and hearing them tell me I need to be flipping. Its expensive, stressful, and time consuming. Reason I haven't ever done it. But I have a really great dealer friend who is walking me through things. I Went to the auction and bought a few. Including a 2001 Viper, 25,000 miles, $35,000 if interested. Have always known that the money is in the sales side of the business, not the restoration side. Will still be running the 3 locations for cleaning, but with our skills, we can make more flipping in 1 week than we can cleaning all month. How many of you professional detailers also buy/sell? Best thing is you never have to pay for a detailer. And can buy the cars that most others are afraid to bid on because of how much it will cost to get restored. So you say its scratched, worn, needs headlights restored, paint touch up, seats dyed, undercoating, etc?......perfect. we do all of that. Its about #keepmovingforward, #neversatisfied, #dreambig
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AG Online

dcjredline
07-25-2014, 11:35 PM
Congrats

StreetShotz
07-25-2014, 11:52 PM
You speak crazy words. There is no world without detailing.....it is everything....

Real Riders
07-26-2014, 12:05 AM
Flipping cars can eventually make you very wealthy. I will share a success story. There is a local dealer here in WV that started selling cars at the local Pontiac Dealer. Across the street was an empty gas station for sale. He called the number , negotiated a price, and purchased the building. He didn't have much money at the time so he took a few cans of white paint and painted all the interior walls. He then walked outside and painted 'We Buy Cars" on the front window with shoe polish and he has been in business for 28 years. "We Buy Cars" has been his logo for 28 years and is still on the front window of the dealership.

GenesisCoupe
07-26-2014, 12:05 AM
after 63 posts you give up?

Unless you have a very steady business, yes, it is not forever.

StangFan25
07-26-2014, 12:12 AM
...... Its about #keepmovingforward, #neversatisfied, #dreambig

You do know this isn't Twitter, right?

Harry Da Hamster
07-26-2014, 12:13 AM
I gotta give it to the professional detailers. It's a tough job to be doing day in and day out.

Just02896
07-26-2014, 12:44 AM
:laughing:
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Just02896
07-26-2014, 12:46 AM
Pics of the houses in 5 different states, land in Belize, and the viper or it never happened!

EVOlved
07-26-2014, 02:14 AM
Pics of the houses in 5 different states, land in Belize, and the viper or it never happened!

:iagree:

Why if life was going so good for you would you waste your time bragging about it on a forum??

Either way if what you say is actually true congrats and good luck on the new venture..

frankprozzoly
07-26-2014, 02:59 AM

That's funny

Kingston
07-26-2014, 08:28 AM
Well I gave you the address to 2 properties. South florida and lake Cumberland. Place in Belize is a condo that we bought on our honeymoon after far too many all inclusive miami vices. Probably a mistake since now we have to maintain it and try to rent it out enough to pay the bills for it and have only been back once in 2 years. But its well known for being the best snorkeling on Earth. So we enjoy that part.

My real passion has always been horse racing and we have been fortunate to own a few good ones. Actually I met my trainer when he called to get his brand new 2500 decontaminated after a fresh bucket of joint compound fell off of the truck in front of him while he was pulling his horse trailer down a Virginia interstate. It literally covered everything you could see and everything underneath you couldn't see. Got to talking about the racing industry and went in on a couple colts with him. My best friend is a blacksmith and his sister is an equine veterinarian so I save a lot of money that way.

The Viper I got yesterday was mostly to drive to a black tie event for a local charity next weekend (my wife donates a lot of money to the Indy Zoo, 1 of only a couple zoo's in the country that doesn't get government funding) Car guys do this a lot. most of them dont really own a car they just drive them for a week or 2 until they sell. Going on vacation with the family? You buy a suburban then run it back through when you get home. Or retail it or whatever. Want a convertible for the weekend, get one. If you are in them right, you shouldn't lose much, if any, money.

Kingston
07-26-2014, 08:43 AM
Not sure why pictures are sideways but it wouldn't let me fix them. Was at lake Cumberland last weekend but it rained every day so we didn't do much and only took a few pictures like the giant largemouth my wife caught. Just remember. ....I baited the hook for her. We all know thats the most important part.

I have always loved the look of those GLK350's, and white is my color so I had to bid on this too. Already sold it a local Chevy store so I only get to drive it this weekend. In care you are wondering, I'm operating with a line of credit through the auction. So you never actually pay for the vehicles, the auction gives you 21 days to sell it. And in a large city like Indy and working side by side with dozens of wholesaler and retail dealers every day, generally a phone call or 2 can move it. Especially when you can get it completely restored and corrected immediately and for very cheap, or free. Word spreads quickly about which guys have the cleanest cars, and I intend to be at the top of that list.

Kingston
07-26-2014, 09:54 AM
couple of shots of the interior of a 1 owner chevy truck with 196,000 on the clock. Paid $800 for it at auction, spent about 5 hours on cleaning, and it sold for $1950 at the same auction yesterday.

If anybody knows how to turn these pictures, everybody's neck would appreciate it.

Just02896
07-26-2014, 10:22 AM
Well I gave you the address to 2 properties. South florida and lake Cumberland. Place in Belize is a condo that we bought on our honeymoon after far too many all inclusive miami vices. Probably a mistake since now we have to maintain it and try to rent it out enough to pay the bills for it and have only been back once in 2 years. But its well known for being the best snorkeling on Earth. So we enjoy that part.

My real passion has always been horse racing and we have been fortunate to own a few good ones. Actually I met my trainer when he called to get his brand new 2500 decontaminated after a fresh bucket of joint compound fell off of the truck in front of him while he was pulling his horse trailer down a Virginia interstate. It literally covered everything you could see and everything underneath you couldn't see. Got to talking about the racing industry and went in on a couple colts with him. My best friend is a blacksmith and his sister is an equine veterinarian so I save a lot of money that way.

The Viper I got yesterday was mostly to drive to a black tie event for a local charity next weekend (my wife donates a lot of money to the Indy Zoo, 1 of only a couple zoo's in the country that doesn't get government funding) Car guys do this a lot. most of them dont really own a car they just drive them for a week or 2 until they sell. Going on vacation with the family? You buy a suburban then run it back through when you get home. Or retail it or whatever. Want a convertible for the weekend, get one. If you are in them right, you shouldn't lose much, if any, money.

Oh, I get it now. Your in-laws have all the money! Lol!
Seriously though, congrats on your investments and endeavors!