PDA

View Full Version : Will Machine Waxing Remove Your Glaze?

5jjt
07-24-2014, 09:03 PM
Hi Everyone;
I refuse to hand-apply wax anymore now that I have experienced how much easier it is with a DA machine. But that makes me wonder if applying wax with a machine and pad will remove any prior application of glaze.
For those who know, and not guess, please weigh in.

Kamakaz1961
07-24-2014, 09:25 PM
I use a DA for applying waxes. I only use a foam applicator for the hard to reach places (mirrors, door handles...etc). I love applying waxes with a DA. As for removing a glaze, my guess is NO, as wax has no cutting ability (unless it is a cleaner/wax which that is minimal too) and the pad you use (my assumption black, red or gold) is too soft to strip too.

So IMO you will not be removing any glaze. I do not use a glaze, but isn't a glaze used prior to applying a wax or sealant?

I think it is; so I would see no ill affect whatsoever.

But I am with you on the DA....wax is so much easier to apply, DA is thinner than by hand, it covers a panel much quicker and more uniformly by DA. I use many different types of waxes for experimentation and all seem to like the DA way...LOL.

I use a Flex 3401 VRG & PC7424 XP for waxing. Lots of fun!!

FUNX650
07-25-2014, 05:40 AM
•Unless there was access to an electron microscope (not sure that would even "tell the tale")...
-How would someone really know if waxing-by-machine does, or doesn't, remove a prior application of a glaze?

•OK...You're not ever going to wax-by-hand...again.
-But do you have any evidence that when you did
wax-by-hand that it did, or didn't, remove a prior application of glaze?

•Only talking about a few molecules of
product-thicknesses here...

Bob

2shiny
07-25-2014, 08:29 AM
Like bob says, you won't know for sure.
But a DA will produce some more heat and some more friction / rubbing then by hand, so it might stress the glaze layer some more...