PDA

View Full Version : to pump or not?

shop1detail
07-24-2014, 05:21 PM
Hey guys, im not new to the trade but new in mobile detail. I worked for a few companies so saw how this should be done but my budget was not big enough to make that happen. sooo my issue is this, Not getting water to my p/w i have a 65 gallon tank and a small 2200psi @2gpm pressure washer its gravity fed, i guess just not enough i have to wait before any water will get to the p/w.

so do i get a pump or just scratch that idea and get a bigger pressure washer that can actually pull water from a stagnate source ie..tank?

here is what i came across.. used honda p/w gnx..? something something pretty bad ass, differnt valves whatever,..lol this guy builds pressure washers so he said with a few hours and recent rebuild he would give me the p/w, hose (50ft) and reel $600 12hp 2500psi no need for a pump he siad it will suck it from the tank.

i dont have the $500 but i also been looking at pumps here is what i found, "sureflo" 60psi 1.8gpm $80

called the manufacture of my p/w (powerstroke) its cheap i know.. but again im new, manufacture told me the unit needs 25-40psi to run...otherwise starving the pump...problem is that pump may over pressure the p/w idk

what do you all think

VP Mark
07-24-2014, 06:00 PM
I run a shuffle on demand pump off my generator which pumps water from my 65 gallon tank. The pump costs like $90 or so. Works like a beast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AG Online

STPETEDALE
07-24-2014, 06:01 PM
If your pump is rated @ 2gpm and you have a 65 gallon tank gravity should be doing the pumping. Have you opened spicket and calculated your water flow into a five gallon bucket? Maybe your pressure washer pump is on it's way out. I would steer clear of anything honda GCV### .The GX###is considered commercial. Any used Honda GX motor will bolt up to a pump from Northern Tool etc. I wouldn't put to much faith into someone that is selling you something.If money is tight a $99 electric PW would get the job done. The unit usually breaks b4 warranty is up so keep receipt handy.Not sure if elevating the tank is an option.