PDA

View Full Version : 303 protectant headlight long term test?

pman626
07-24-2014, 03:13 AM
Has anyone used 303 on PREVIOUSLY YELLOW headlights for over a year, and been able to keep the yellow away?

pman626
07-24-2014, 04:52 AM
I'm wondering if I should buy some collinite 845 to seal the headlights instead, since 845 seems to last forever

hernandez.art13
07-24-2014, 05:08 AM
Would you be interested in something designed for long lasting protection? (Advertised as permanent?)

Optimum Opti-Lens Headlight Coating is a resin-based coating designed to protect headlights against yellowing, fading and discoloration for the life of the vehicle. Optimum Opti-Lens Headlight Coating forms a covalent bond with the headlight and cross-links to blanket the lens with a durable, protective film. Headlights coated with Optimum Opti-Lens Headlight Coating will retain perfect clarity in any environment – forever!

Optimum Opti-Lens Permanent Headlight Coating, headlight coatings protectants (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-lens-headlight-coating.html)

Forever is a long time :D

Angus
07-24-2014, 06:37 AM
To underscore Art's reply, if you really want to prevent your headlights from fogging up again - do your self a favor and get a product that was designed to protect the surface it's being applied to. 303 AP is a fantastic product, I'm a huge fan, but it's going to come close to providing the same longevity of Optimum Opti-Lens Headlight Coating. If $60 is more then you'd like to spend, DP's Headlight Protectant is another option to consider @ $15

Detailer’s Headlight Protectant Spray (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-headlight-protectant.html)

Good luck!

Desertnate
07-24-2014, 07:40 AM
Has anyone used 303 on PREVIOUSLY YELLOW headlights for over a year, and been able to keep the yellow away?

303 is not the kind of product you're going to need for that type of job. I've only used it on external rubber and plastic trim a few times. Longevity seemed to be about two weeks; less if it rained. I don't see being able to adhere to hard smooth plastic like a headlight cover/lens.

For headlights, I seal them with whatever I'm using on the rest of the car. Klasse SG or Collinite 845 have worked wonders.