PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when you drop a microfiber in the ground?

Pages : [1] 2 3

ndcec
07-23-2014, 09:05 PM
Guys I just dropped a microfiber towel in the ground and it catched a lot of little rocks, I just washed it with the other 20 dirty microfiber in the wash machine but I am afraid that I don't know if there are still little rocks in one of the microfiber towels that I don't see and can scratch the paint? What should I do? Can I still use them in the paint if I put them in the wash machine or did I just ruined 20 towels?? :cry:

refreshauto
07-23-2014, 09:11 PM
Search for microfiber inspection and follow those steps

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AG Online

jamesboyy
07-23-2014, 09:13 PM
When I drop a microfiber I will separate it from the rest, and heavily rinse it while rubbing it between my hands, but begin that you placed it the washer it should be alright now, just inspect each the towel carefully, and if you see any rocks etc pick it out, and rewash

Mike Phillips
07-23-2014, 09:17 PM
Good question...

Pick it up as fast as you can.
Inspect it visually and pick out and pick off any debris you can see.
Feel both sides for debris you cannot see and pick it off.
Wash before using again.

:)

ndcec
07-23-2014, 09:24 PM
Thank you guys, I didn't think about it until now. I was doing a rinseless wash with the Garry Dean method and I just threw it in the bucket with all the other dirty microfiber that I had already used and after I finished washing the car I washed all of them together (with also some towels that I used last week). I think now I'll had to inspect each towel and wash them again.

wdmaccord
07-23-2014, 09:50 PM
I go the route of James and Mike. pick up immediately and inspect. Snap out hard away from the job at hand. Then take a close look and pick out any debris that might have stuck around. I inspect each towel as I take it out of the dryer as well to make sure they are as pure as possible. Be vigilant and you'll be fine.

Just02896
07-23-2014, 09:55 PM
If one of my MF's that touch paint EVER even touch the ground, it gets immediately gets demoted to general use and will never touch paint again. To me, time is money and I don't need to be putting scratches into clearcoat that I just spend hours leveling out. Better safe than sorry! :-)

AutowerxDetailing
07-23-2014, 09:58 PM
I usually let out a couple expletives under my breath... then I do as the rest suggested: Inspect, wash, inspect, re-use (if clean) or toss (if dirty).

"MF doesn't always mean MF." I forget who said this. :)

Kingston
07-23-2014, 10:07 PM
So many vehicles, so many responses. We do "production" detailing so perfection isn't required. Drop it, throw an f bomb, pick it up and keep dreaming of your lunch break. (I don't detail anymore, just O/O). But this is what it used to be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AG Online

JVD
07-23-2014, 10:14 PM
So many vehicles, so many responses. We do "production" detailing so perfection isn't required. Drop it, throw an f bomb, pick it up and keep dreaming of your lunch break. (I don't detail anymore, just O/O). But this is what it used to be.

Lol. Wut.

Just02896
07-23-2014, 10:18 PM
Lol. Wut.

Yea, who's "we"? Lol!

Kingston
07-23-2014, 10:27 PM
You must not do the work we do. Everything in life is relative.

Kingston
07-23-2014, 10:37 PM
A lot of us do production detailing. Its about doing 10+ cars a day for car dealers. $150 a pop times 3 hours a piece. Times 4 guys. Thats roughly $1,500 a day, and after paying employees, costs, taxes, etc.....that amounts to about $1,000 for myself. I own homes in 5 different states, and I have a hard time complaining about dropped towels. Wash them, use them, throw them out....car dealers just want them shiny. And when I'm on my 20 acres in Belize, many things cross my mind, towels are not one of them.

builthatch
07-23-2014, 10:39 PM
^ double posting all over the place tonight.

i know editing posts around here is hard (not sure why they limit the time like that), but come on lol

FUNX650
07-23-2014, 10:45 PM
Dropped microfiber (MF) towel?

I just use the "3 second rule"...(or is it 5 seconds).
And, anyway: What's the odds of acquiring E.Coli from a variolated MF-towel?

Bob