PDA

View Full Version : Damn bear attacked my truck...

brondondolon
07-23-2014, 10:32 AM
So I forgot to take the trash out on thurs night so the trash guys could pick it up fri morning. I didnt remember till i woke up so i panicked and took the trash down the steep hill in hopes the trash guys hadnt yet came. Well they did come and I was too late. Later that evening i drove down the hill and lifted the trash cans into the bed of my truck and just left them there because im a lazy a$$. Well i learned my lesson because a bear ended up getting to them. While the bear was trying to climb into my bed he used his claws on my slick paint and scratched the hell out of it... Not only was their trash from here to kingdom come but he left scratches on the tail gate and side of the bed that go through the clear coat but luckily not to the metal. Looks like i got some work cut out for me.

Dr_Pain
07-23-2014, 10:35 AM
Sorry to hear about that!! Must have been a real heart braker!?! Could I be so bold as to ask for pictures without deepening your wounds?

Setec Astronomy
07-23-2014, 10:36 AM
There's got to be a Yogi joke in there somewhere, but I can't find it.

Sorry this happened to you. Even here in NJ we have been having some bear problems because of their continually diminishing habitat.

hoyt66
07-23-2014, 11:19 AM
Finally got a black bear tag this year. What state are you in? I'll come help the situation hahahaha

dsg03gt
07-23-2014, 11:20 AM
Sorry to hear about your truck.

I had a bear get into one of my empty garbage cans. When he knocked the can over it fell into my grill and bumper and put scratches in them.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/24/usehepa7.jpg

And a couple months ago it happened and that time the bear scratched my bumper with its claw. Left a nice scratch but was able to polish it out.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Guessless
07-23-2014, 11:31 AM
Sorry to hear that, on the flip side though better on the truck than you.

brondondolon
07-23-2014, 11:34 AM
I will try to get a pic. From a far they dont look that bad at all. Its when you get up close that you see the real damage. I live up in Northern NV by Lake Tahoe.

FUNX650
07-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Man oh Man...

Yet another unfortunate incident in your life...
I'm so sorry this happened to your vehicle.

There's got to be a Yogi joke in there somewhere, but I can't find it.

Continuing Education: The Bears and the Bees...101

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/image401.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/79068)

I don't think you was paying attention
to yesterday's lesson, Boo Boo:
Was your head in a pic-a-nic basket?

That's not the kind of pick-up I was talking about!!

Bob

brondondolon
07-23-2014, 12:32 PM
lol no kidding Bob. Ever since i was in Jr High I've said "Well, if i didnt have bad luck id have no luck at all" lol. At least its fixable and the bear didnt tear a hole in the side of my truck or find a way into the cab and panic lol.

Kamakaz1961
07-23-2014, 12:36 PM
Man that sucks!!! Sometimes you bite the Bear....sometimes the bear bites you!!!! Ouch!! Sorry to hear that!