PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Coat 2.0 Pros only?

andyng0131
07-22-2014, 03:11 AM
Hi people, I am looking from forums to forums, and even spent a 30 min Coating Seminar by Autogeek on YouTube. Learning all about it and ready to go for a try and get it from Autogeek.net

Staying in Malaysia, I did a final survey by googling for Opti-Coat 2.0 in Malaysia, and came across a local forum (mostly adds/trades).

There is some guy here stating that it is not for consumers. Anyone from hot and humid places tried Opti-Coat 2.0? I plan to get DP Coating Prep and IPA before actually coat the car. :buffing:

TroyScherer
07-22-2014, 05:55 AM
Opti-Coat 2.0 is the consumer version that you can buy here from AG.

Opti-Coat Pro or "Opti-Guard" as he references in the one picture you posted is the Pro only version. You must buy it direct from Optimum but to do so you must be a verified business and be approved to install it.

Opti-Coat 2.0 should work fine in your conditions but only testing will tell.

Ronyx
07-22-2014, 08:04 AM
What is the difference between the two products?

TroyScherer
07-22-2014, 09:00 AM
What is the difference between the two products?

Consumer vs. Pro

OC2.0 has more solvents to help it be more user friendly. This also makes it a slightly "thinner" coating when applied.

OC Pro has less solvents and a slightly different formula allowing for better protection and a thicker coating. Also the Pro version is available with a warranty to sell and service clients with. Similar to how dealerships do, with the exception that OC works.

ZeroSP
07-22-2014, 04:20 PM
Hi people, I am looking from forums to forums, and even spent a 30 min Coating Seminar by Autogeek on YouTube. Learning all about it and ready to go for a try and get it from Autogeek.net

Staying in Malaysia, I did a final survey by googling for Opti-Coat 2.0 in Malaysia, and came across a local forum (mostly adds/trades).

There is some guy here stating that it is not for consumers. Anyone from hot and humid places tried Opti-Coat 2.0? I plan to get DP Coating Prep and IPA before actually coat the car. :buffing:

Great, from Malaysia, and lowyat.net forum.

Well.. Friends, you do know most Malaysian are ignorant on detailing, they expect coating to be cheap, has unlimited warranty, and the warranty need to cover watermarks (which is bullshit), swirls, scratches. So to say, you pay peanuts you get monkeys. And then in the end, detailing is about passion. So today you coat your car, the next day send to road side car wash? :dunno: Which most (ignorant) Malaysian do. Thanks to many wannabe detailer market coating as "bullet proof", as well as marketing "Meguairs" as the only brand in detailing world.

So decided to DIY? Good... As what people mentioned, OC2.0 is for consumer, you can buy it and DIY. It is easier than pro version, but in our weather even OC2.0 flashes off very fast.

Prep Polish, IPA... Suggest you do claying along, even if you do not mind about the crazy holograms and swirls.

andyng0131
07-22-2014, 11:57 PM
Thanks guys for the advice and explanation. So I think I would try to do it by
-wash
-clay
-polish
-opti coat 2.0

Main reason why I wanna try to diy is because my F10 (Silver) coating. It was recommended by sales man. But after 1 1/2*years"roughly, the water beading is gone... :nomore: went back to the fella and they say new coat, which I thought or assume coating would last long... Burn my RM3800..

So now that I saw a lot people praise and recommend opti coat 2.0. I would give it a try to do it myself on another uncoated car.

ZeroSP
07-23-2014, 07:36 AM
Thanks guys for the advice and explanation. So I think I would try to do it by
-wash
-clay
-polish
-opti coat 2.0

Main reason why I wanna try to diy is because my F10 (Silver) coating. It was recommended by sales man. But after 1 1/2*years"roughly, the water beading is gone... :nomore: went back to the fella and they say new coat, which I thought or assume coating would last long... Burn my RM3800..

So now that I saw a lot people praise and recommend opti coat 2.0. I would give it a try to do it myself on another uncoated car.

RM3800... For F10, I guess it is Tribos coating?

zainJR
11-05-2014, 04:49 AM
Tribos coating...???? ROFL