PDA

View Full Version : Is it necessary to use the Boar car brush to wash wheels?

sito
07-21-2014, 12:12 PM
Is it necessary to use the Boar car brush to wash wheels?

Is a brush made of synthetic material safe enough for wheel clear coat?

trekkeruss
07-21-2014, 12:24 PM
I use the Daytona brushes on my clear coated wheels. They don't scratch and they clean my wheels nicely. I especially like the size, shape, and adjustability of the Speed Master Jr.

damaged442
07-21-2014, 12:28 PM
X2 for Daytona

allenk4
07-21-2014, 12:29 PM
Is it necessary to use the Boar car brush to wash wheels?

Is a brush made of synthetic material safe enough for wheel clear coat?

In my opinion, Yes, there are synthetic brushes available that are safe for clear coated wheels.

I would look for one with "Flagged" tips. I believe this type of bristle is more effective for surfaces that can be cleaned gently and do not require scrubbing.

The best route, again, in my opinion; is to clean your wheels very thoroughly and coat them:

- Wash
- Iron-X
- Clay
- Eraser Wipe-down
- Coating

I have CarPro DLUX on my clear coated chrome wheels. I am able to rinse most of the dirt off and use a microfiber wash mitt as part of a routine 2BM.

jd920
07-21-2014, 12:36 PM
Not trying to steal your thread op. How do people feel about wheel woollies compared to the speed brush for delicate finishes? I currently use the speed brush by the way.

10secdream
07-21-2014, 12:46 PM
^^^ I will let you know in a few days when I receive my wheel woolies. I am getting annoyed of the splatter on my face using the daytona brushes.

Desertnate
07-21-2014, 12:49 PM
I think there are synthetic brushes that are safe. The important part is to look at the softness of the bristles and the ends of the bristles.

I've used this brush with great success.

Mothers Wheel Brush makes cleaning your wheels more comfortable with a rubberized grip. Clean your wheels with Mothers Car Care Products! (http://www.autogeek.net/mothers-wheel-brush.html)

jd920
07-21-2014, 01:01 PM
^^^ I will let you know in a few days when I receive my wheel woolies. I am getting annoyed of the splatter on my face using the daytona brushes.

Thank you. I will keep an eye out for your reply. That is really the only down side to the Daytona brushes is the splatter.

jamesboyy
07-21-2014, 02:58 PM
It depends on how much you "love" your stock or aftermarket rims/wheels yeah boars head brushes gives a delicate agitation(after 30min soak) and that same gental agitation can be duplicated by useing Daytona speed brush, microfiber towel and car soap or wheel woolies and car soap but like I would say get a few wheel detailing tools then find what your most comfortable with and use it offten though switch it up with different cleaning tools so wont get "bland"

sito
07-21-2014, 05:56 PM
Not trying to steal your thread op. How do people feel about wheel woollies compared to the speed brush for delicate finishes? I currently use the speed brush by the way.

I want to post same question too.

EVOlved
07-21-2014, 06:23 PM
I like the boars hair flag tipped for the face of the wheel quick and easy. But you do need something else to agitate the tight areas. I use the boars hair detailing brush for that. But then again something else is needed for the barrels, for that I use the e-z detail brush which is basically the Daytona brush.

I am however thinking of trying the wheel woolies for the barrels, to avoid the splatter.

jamesboyy
07-21-2014, 06:55 PM
I want to post same question too.

Wheel woollies compared to speed master while both are soft and gentle I feel that wheel woollies are more better on delicate finish for the fact there like mini wash mitts on sticks and when you have a nice soapy solution to go with the woollies you don't really have the worry of harming the surface in anyway cause these things hold a good amount of water and soap, while having that real feel soft agitation

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
07-21-2014, 07:29 PM
I've never used the speed brush, I want one but haven't gotten around to ordering yet. I have the Adam's Wheel Woolie set. I know Adam's discontinued them a few months ago, but if you want Woolies look for these. They seem to be the same price, they're made by thew same company but Adam's had them make theirs custom. The big one's has a bigger head, the medium & small one have longer shafts and bigger heads. They work super good.