PDA

View Full Version : Those *%**@#$#! trees

runrun411
07-21-2014, 09:41 AM
Good morning Geekers,

I really enjoy where I live and I really, really enjoy detailing. What I can't stand is the fact of right over my driveway are trees. Leafy trees and pine trees. They just shake crap all over my cars. When the weather is real warm out the pine trees dribble sap all over them. I am just crazy over this. I was reluctant to buy a foam lance because of this very thing but I did anyway. I like washing the cars with it but when I'm done, the next day I find dirt all over my cars on a windy day.

Just another rant.

LRC3
07-21-2014, 09:47 AM
I know your pain!

Pines are beautiful trees but cause a serious mess to any near by car. And god forbid you don't get the sap off quickly...

trekkeruss
07-21-2014, 10:00 AM
The parking spaces in front of my townhouse are covered by a tree too. No piney sap, but bird strikes and other fallout happened enough that usually I don't use my spots and park on the side of the cross-street.

Dr_Pain
07-21-2014, 10:25 AM
YUP! Rant away my friend. I think we are all in the same boat to a certain extent..... except maybe the desert of Arizona, unless Casti produce sap!?!

Bunky
07-21-2014, 10:28 AM
Indeed, certain trees that can zap your paint slickness just after one rain.

runrun411
07-21-2014, 10:35 AM
When I bought my house, I didn't think that one day I'd be so OCD about my car. If I had to do it over believe me I'd be in a different house. It seems like people who live in Florida don't have this problem so much. I see why so many people pack up and move from the northeast and go to Florida. To keep their cars clean. LOL

Pats300zx
07-21-2014, 10:40 AM
Rant on brother. I feel your pain. The trees down at our beach house completely cover the driveway. I ended up not even parking in the driveway anymore cause I couldn't stand the tree sap and other junk that was dripping all over my cars. I finally got the community landscapers to cut a ton of the branches back which has improved things greatly.

lyodbraun
07-21-2014, 01:30 PM
Sounds like you need a chain saw that will clear things up fast, and no more tree crap on the vehicles...

BobbyG
07-21-2014, 03:22 PM
Man do I feel your pint!

Unfortunately trees are only car friendly for a few hours but as long as they're not pine trees. Pines are the worst of the worst on my opinion. They drop all sorts of crap everywhere and then seal it in with a generous glob of sticky sap...:poke:

For that reason I own 3 chainsaws!! :laughing:

wil2007
07-21-2014, 04:11 PM
When I bought my house, I didn't think that one day I'd be so OCD about my car. If I had to do it over believe me I'd be in a different house. It seems like people who live in Florida don't have this problem so much. I see why so many people pack up and move from the northeast and go to Florida. To keep their cars clean. LOL

I live in Florida and we do have tree problems. Palm trees drop pollen and other crap constantly and I have a huge Ficus tree that drops this red sap I think, My white truck needs a cleaning as we speak. Bird droppings also. I put my car in the carport and get sticky droppings from Bee borers. I remember when it didn't bother me, now I dream of a huge garage. Sorry. just my little rant

runrun411
07-22-2014, 07:45 AM
Man do I feel your pint!

Unfortunately trees are only car friendly for a few hours but as long as they're not pine trees. Pines are the worst of the worst on my opinion. They drop all sorts of crap everywhere and then seal it in with a generous glob of sticky sap...:poke:

For that reason I own 3 chainsaws!! :laughing:

I thought about buying one of those canopies but I think it would be a pain to put up and take down all the time.

I live in Florida and we do have tree problems. Palm trees drop pollen and other crap constantly and I have a huge Ficus tree that drops this red sap I think, My white truck needs a cleaning as we speak. Bird droppings also. I put my car in the carport and get sticky droppings from Bee borers. I remember when it didn't bother me, now I dream of a huge garage. Sorry. just my little rant

Wow, I really didn't think there were so many issues like that in Florida. It seems like most of the houses down there have driveways that are out in the open. I thought the most that happens there are those love bugs.

MPBGT
07-22-2014, 01:18 PM
I had that problem where my dd sits in the driveway. A chainsaw fixed that problem and gave me plenty of wood for the firepit.

trekkeruss
07-22-2014, 02:34 PM
The parking spaces in front of my townhouse are covered by a tree too. No piney sap, but bird strikes and other fallout happened enough that usually I don't use my spots and park on the side of the cross-street.

I had to pull my Element into my parking spots this morning so I could clean the interior, and while I was working on it, a bird crapped on the hood. :mad: