PDA

View Full Version : upholstery cleaner/ floor mats

marlonrg3
07-21-2014, 07:43 AM
my car upholstery of my car is very clean since i don't allow anyone to drink or eat in my car. i was wondering what are good products to keep it that way. also i live in Colorado since we have some bad winters around here i was wondering again does it make sense to switch floor mats to weather tech floor mats to catch all the snow,mud , and crap during the winter

Setec Astronomy
07-21-2014, 08:55 AM
I like all season mats and usually I wind up using them all-year round because it always seems like there is some rain and mud during the summer and it irks me to see my carpet mats get dirty. There are certainly some fabric protectors for your uhpholstery, 303 makes one, and Cquartz...I think Duragloss is coming out with one also. Ultima Interior Guard Plus, and I'm sure I'm leaving out a few.

Coopers ST
07-21-2014, 08:58 AM
Like you I don't allow people to eat or drink in my car, but things do happen. This weekend I applied 303 Fabric Guard to the carpets and floor mats. My hope is like Scotch Guard, anything that does get on them will wipe off easier.

Setec Astronomy
07-21-2014, 09:16 AM
If you are actually looking for a cleaner, Optimum has a (fairly) new carpet cleaner that is supposed to leave some protection behind. I haven't had a chance to use mine too much yet so I can't give much of an opinion.

Optimum Carpet & Fabric Cleaner & Protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-carpet-cleaner.html)

cheapbutshiny
07-21-2014, 09:29 AM
I got some 303 recently and it works good so far! Can't speak to longevity yet though.