PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Souveran

Pages : [1] 2

jerber1
07-20-2014, 03:57 PM
I am Zymol user. I love there wax protection, ill admit its not the glossiest wax out there but it seems to last a long time. I was wondering how the longevity/durability of Souveran is? Also, ehn I wax with Zymol I dont have to be worried about excess wax over seal, and in hard to reach areas. Does Souveran have this problem?

swanicyouth
07-20-2014, 04:18 PM
1. Souverän does not stain trim.

2. In the words of the great Dr Nuba: "durability is about 3 raindrops".

jerber1
07-20-2014, 04:23 PM
Does it flake or crust?

inDetail
07-20-2014, 04:28 PM
If you want durability on a daily driver Souveran is the wrong place to look. Garage queen it's a good wax a little pricey for me when you have options that are just as good but less $

Rsurfer
07-20-2014, 04:29 PM
Does it flake or crust?

Never heard those terms, but I guess if you put on any wax too thick, it could flake or crust. Souveran is a wipe on wipe off wax. No need to haze before wiping.

Kamakaz1961
07-20-2014, 04:36 PM
Does it flake or crust?

I just put it on and it is a WOWO wax. I experienced no flaking or crusting.

As for Swanicyouth's comment I think he was being too aggressive with his statement!! Shame on you!!!! My guess is doubled that...6 raindrops..LOL

It definitely is a "Top Notch" wax.

All kidding aside for longevity I cannot comment as I put it on my girlfriends ride this morning.

My guess about 4 weeks in reality.

:buffing:

jerber1
07-20-2014, 04:37 PM
Ive had problems with Meguiars flaking while wiping off. So Souveran doesnt last long, just looks great?

Angus
07-20-2014, 04:55 PM
Ive had problems with Meguiars flaking while wiping off. So Souveran doesnt last long, just looks great?

That's correct, Souveran is a show/ beauty wax. It's not going to give you extended durability but will look awesome for short time especially on dark colors. I love it on my garage queen - a sapphire black BMW.

cleanmycorolla
07-20-2014, 05:25 PM

For longevity and looks get liquid Souveran. For the wettest looking wax with short durability get Souveran paste. Not sure what flaking or crusting is but sounds like whatever you're using is being left on way too long to "flake" or "crust".

jerber1
07-20-2014, 06:13 PM
so paste= pretty
liquid=longevity
????

hoyt66
07-20-2014, 06:27 PM
The thing I love about Souveran is its so EASY to use longevity plays no part for me. When you

feel the protection is gone.... Wipe on wipe off. So easy and fast:dblthumb2:

jerber1
07-20-2014, 06:37 PM
Whats the difference in the paste and liquid? Same formula?

Dr Oldz
07-20-2014, 06:43 PM
Souveran paste is a very nice wax. Darkens the paint and had a look that other manufactures have tried to duplicate. It goes on and off with extreme ease. Put it on a panel then remove while still wet with no need to haze. Won't stain trim or dust upon removal. With that being said, durability isn't so great and most Zymol waxes will outlast it. But with a unique look and extreme ease of use it's a wax I suggest having and trying if you have a darker vehicle for those moments when you want to pamper your ride!

hawaiian
07-20-2014, 06:47 PM
I've been issuing the new formula liquid souverign on my d d also keeps it garaged and I get close to three months

mwoolfso
07-20-2014, 06:58 PM
so paste= pretty
liquid=longevity
????

Correct.

I've been issuing the new formula liquid souverign on my d d also keeps it garaged and I get close to three months

I have the old formula Liquid Souveran still and I get close to 3 months as well; which I consider the norm for most waxes.