PDA

View Full Version : Need help starting out a neglected Nissan Sentra 2006 restoration project

matasie7e
07-20-2014, 07:51 AM
Hi friends,

I bought a Nissan Sentra 2006 over a year ago, and just started reading and investigating about detailing about a month ago. It is a daily driver of course, very neglected, and I am just overwhelmed with so many products and tools out there, so I have been going around in circles about what to get to start working on the car.

I have been soaking up all information there is but right now I just need a firm advice on what you think is the best way to go to start this thing, so questions:

1. What products and tools would you recommend for a beginner on a neglected daily driver?

2. With so many brands and products out there, how do you go about choosing one?

3. Besides this forum, are you also a regular at any other? like meguiar's online, chemical guys, etc.

Thank you for your time.

Daniel

HateSwirls
07-20-2014, 08:11 AM
Hi friends,

I bought a Nissan Sentra 2006 over a year ago, and just started reading and investigating about detailing about a month ago. It is a daily driver of course, very neglected, and I am just overwhelmed with so many products and tools out there, so I have been going around in circles about what to get to start working on the car.

I have been soaking up all information there is but right now I just need a firm advice on what you think is the best way to go to start this thing, so questions:

1. What products and tools would you recommend for a beginner on a neglected daily driver?

2. With so many brands and products out there, how do you go about choosing one?

3. Besides this forum, are you also a regular at any other? like meguiar's online, chemical guys, etc.

Thank you for your time.

Daniel

Pics would help us to determine what may be best, can you take a few shots of your car and post them here?

One thing is certain though, a good wash then clay it, then go from there.

matasie7e
07-20-2014, 08:34 AM

You are right. Will do that now.

Ryan509
07-20-2014, 10:00 AM
How much time do you have to work on the car? Then we can determine if we should recommend a full Compounding/polish (which can take upwards of 8 hours) or if you have little time on your hands.. then i would reccomend an All in one step.

matasie7e
07-20-2014, 03:15 PM
Hello guys, here is my update of what is going on:

Pics would help us to determine what may be best, can you take a few shots of your car and post them here?

I washed the car but couldn't find any clay on hardware stores in this city. I'm gonna have to order from the internet.

Im attaching the pictures so you know how bad the situation is.

How much time do you have to work on the car? Then we can determine if we should recommend a full Compounding/polish (which can take upwards of 8 hours) or if you have little time on your hands.. then i would reccomend an All in one step.

Ryan my man, I will have whole sundays like today to work on the car and my bike will be next.

So here are some pictures, what would be your advice?

matasie7e
07-21-2014, 07:41 AM
Hey guys, Good morning!

I realized this morning that I haven't done a good job at washing the car. I did the two bucket system but missed a couple of tough spots and did a terrible job of drying the car with some cheap MFs because I got them all dirty from cleaning the inside of the doors that don't get hit by water.

I also found this nice product in the hardware store:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81L1iZfiYnL._SL1500_.jpg
Meguiar's G3300 Brilliant Solutions Paint Restoration Kit

It says that I can apply it by hand so will be doing that to keep learning.

Regards,

Daniel