PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Clay Bar Question

NY98M3
03-08-2006, 05:40 PM
Just received the Opti-Clay bar in the mail.

Does this come with a lubricant? or just water?

Is it better to use water or a lubricant?

Any info would be greatly appricated.:D

joe.p
03-08-2006, 05:55 PM
Im a big fan of lubricants for their lubricity. People do use a mixture of soap .buy a gallon on megs no touch spray and dlute it a bit it should last a long time if your doing your own cars. Besides imo theirs a chance for stainig darker veahicles when using soap.

NY98M3
03-08-2006, 06:22 PM
How about using Meguirs Quick Detail as a lubricant?

ScottB
03-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Optimum suggests using their car wash , diluted. I suspect you could also use their new QEW. Do not use dishwashing soap and water alone will not help clay glide appropriately.

Sherman8r44
03-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Opti-clay does great with any good soap-water solution, it doesn't break down or anything. Make sure you spritz it with some QD when you put it away to keep it moist though.

5000XD
03-08-2006, 10:03 PM
Optimum suggests using their car wash , diluted. I suspect you could also use their new QEW. Do not use dishwashing soap and water alone will not help clay glide appropriately.

Do you have experience using the Pinnacle car wash also if diluted? I'm gonna give it a shot one of these days (I'm almost out of Pinnacle clay lub).

MasterShineBoy
03-09-2006, 02:14 AM
Any good car wash will work!!! I use about 1oz of soap for 16oz of water(distilled).

ScottB
03-09-2006, 07:03 AM
Do you have experience using the Pinnacle car wash also if diluted? I'm gonna give it a shot one of these days (I'm almost out of Pinnacle clay lub).

I love the Pinnacle Car Wash (those suds) but truthfully have never used it with clay. I have two bottles of Pinnacles Clay Lubricant and a huge bottle of the DP Clay Lubricant (http://www.autogeek.net/dp365.html), and a little goes along way. It should work well however ... please post your results.