PDA

View Full Version : Small paint chips and Cquartz

Relentless58
07-18-2014, 01:49 PM
Hey everyone,

I am somewhat new to the detailing world, in a sense that I am just now getting into real paint correction among other things. Necessity has brought me to this stage in my life. Let me tell some some details on my situation and hopefully you can offer some insight.

The car is a white 2011 Honda Accord. I have done had the car since it was new and have always tried to keep it clean and protected. I plan on driving it for many many years to come. Over the years we have accumulated a number of minor paint chips, especially on the front hood. More specifically we have a few chips that recently started to show rust after doing a full car treatment of iron-x and tar-x. My ultimate goal is to apply Cquartz to my Honda for lasting protection. However, I worry about applying it with the chips and the rust present. Does anyone know of a DIY way to fix the spots. I got a quote from a body shop for $900 which was basically a whole hood reliant job. There is no way it's gonna take that much work. What are your thoughts on a Cquartz application over minor chips?

zmcgovern45
07-18-2014, 02:42 PM
Chips are a very common issue with daily driven vehicles. Simply go to your dealership and purchase some touch up paint. Touch up the chips. It won't look perfect, but it will look just fine from 5ft away, and it is MUCH MUCH MUCH cheaper than a repaint :)

allenk4
07-18-2014, 03:34 PM
+1 on Zac's suggestion

I would add that you should read as much as you can on paint touch-up before you start the job.

There are lots of ways to repair paint chips and the process can be very technique dependent.