PDA

View Full Version : Did i order/get the wrong gilmour gun?

Daviddear30
07-18-2014, 11:30 AM
Ordered one from ama. The one pictured had the brass adjustable ratio. The one I received is brass but its not adjustable ratio. :-(

It only has one hole in the siphon bar? (Part name im guessing)

I may just try it and see how it foams up

How many of you guys use the different ratios? Or does everyone just use the max setting?

allenk4
07-18-2014, 01:31 PM
Max settings, there are two adjustments that can be made on mine.

Purchased thru AGO a year ago. Has the red plastic caps and brass fittings

Niblick
07-18-2014, 01:50 PM
they're about as much use as a chocolate teapot in my honest opinion. if you're gonna foam, buy a decent attachment for your pressure washer. the foam lances that fit onto a hosepipe just aren't in the same league. i gave away the one i bought a couple of years ago

Daviddear30
07-18-2014, 03:12 PM
I don't own a PW.

I may buy a Karcher Electric PW at some point but for now I have not neede one-when I get one I will most definitely get a foam cannon for some serious foam :)

allenk4
07-18-2014, 03:27 PM
they're about as much use as a chocolate teapot in my honest opinion. if you're gonna foam, buy a decent attachment for your pressure washer. the foam lances that fit onto a hosepipe just aren't in the same league. i gave away the one i bought a couple of years ago

Not everyone is using a PW

I enjoy using my Gilmour.

I think it improves the overall result by decreasing the amount of dirt that is on the paint when you put the mitt.

If you have good water pressure; it yields lots of foam that has a decent dwell time.

I have used 2-3oz of CG Honeydew and CG Citrus Wash & Gloss and fill the rest with water. Put the water in the canister 1st.

- Foam
- Dwell
- Rinse
- 2BM
- Rinse

KBsToy
07-18-2014, 03:33 PM
Ordered one from ama. The one pictured had the brass adjustable ratio. The one I received is brass but its not adjustable ratio. :-(

It only has one hole in the siphon bar? (Part name im guessing)

I may just try it and see how it foams up

How many of you guys use the different ratios? Or does everyone just use the max setting?

I have a old one with 4 siphon holes. I used the middle one. I just bought a Bunny k with a dial for ratio of soap.

I like mine with garden hose , I have good water pressure so I just turn on the water and go to town. When I am done unhook it and roll up hose....Just my 2 cents...

VISITOR
07-18-2014, 05:12 PM
looks like you ordered the wrong one. return it...

it should look like this one (minus the AG sticker), look at the pic on the left...
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/xtreme02.jpg

Daviddear30
07-18-2014, 10:27 PM
Yeah it was pictured like that one above but it has just a knob and one setting. I tried it with some DG soap and it foams ok. I am leaning towards a Ryobi PW from Home Depot and Foam cannon for AG