ashwinearl
07-17-2014, 07:58 PM
I was just on ebay looking at Flex polishers and came across this brand:
LINK REMOVED PER TERMS/CONDITIONS
They look like Flex.

Can anyone shed some light on them?

swanicyouth
07-17-2014, 08:08 PM
I've seen this polisher around sold under the brand name of Rockwell for about 1/2 the price (wattage may differ - or maybe claims may differ). I believe it's sold in Australia and New Zealand. It looks like Adam's of NZ sells this machine:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/18/u5edu5uj.jpg

So much for MADE IN THE USA. I guess it only has to be "Made in the USA" if you sell it in the USA, or whatever strategy the marketers come up with that month.

Honestly, if your going that route - just get a Harbor Freight unit.

trekkeruss
07-17-2014, 08:12 PM
It's a Chinese polisher. I have seen it sold by a few different companies, under a different name and in different colors. I imagine it works fine. I bought the foam cannon and clay towel from Waxed Shine because they were cheap, and they work well.

FYI, you're not supposed to post links to products from competing websites; it is against the AGO terms of use. So don't be surprised if your post is edited or completely deleted.

ashwinearl
07-18-2014, 05:53 AM
Sorry about posting a link. Should have posted the picture.

Thanks for the replies. Right after I had posted it, I came across several of the posts discussing the Chinese Rupes Clones. I have not seen Chinese Flex clones yet or at least am not recognizing them.

I have tried the HF route and returned it immediately. It was too loud and vibrated too much. I currently have a PC. It is ok and I am just hobbiest but I would like to step up. I have not come to a conclusion yet between the Flex vs Rupes debate, but was hoping that some clone at an incredible price would sway me a different direction.

However the ground truth of get what you pay for is seems to be holding steady so am back to Flex or Rupes. Although, there was a rumor at some other forum about Flex introducing a lower priced line, though have not seen anything available yet.