PDA

View Full Version : Dp Wheel Glaze.. No Exactly Why Is It A Good Thing?

Pages : [1] 2

Largebore
08-01-2007, 11:01 PM
In one of the recent threads DP Wheel Glaze was promoted as sooo much better than "Wheel Wax"...because "Wheel Wax" does not last very long. Ok so I buy some..

Now here is the thing.. you are supposed to use it WEEKLY.. Wow it is a "moussy" kind of substance that you apply like a wax or polish. Then you have to buff it off.. NOW exactly what is easy about that? It is like work ! Especialy trying to get it completely off the insides of the wheels. Then it needs to be repeated EVERY WEEK. Ok, so why is that a good thing?

I mean it does work well enough but the mainatance is substantial.

tonyspop
08-02-2007, 12:02 AM
I clean my wheels which are aluminum with klassse AIO,then top with wolgangs paint sealant.Lasts a good while and NO heat does not melt it:D.Both products easy on easy off.

Surfer
08-02-2007, 12:26 AM
DP and PB's are good wheel sealant products, but IMO you can just use AIO and spray of AW and be set, this is my combo on my chrome wheels and works perfectly, quickly and easily. Beads water off easily 4 weeks for me. I usually redo once a month.

ScottB
08-02-2007, 06:27 AM
Because of the extreme heat the wheels see, partly because they are so close to breaking system, it is advised to reapply weekly. Also because most use harsh wheel cleaners that can remove it. I have found that using DP once monthly is perfect as long as you use soap/water only for remander of the month. You then use wheel cleaner, polish, and reapply just like your finish.

DP is a little harder to remove as has some slight cleaners. Poorboys buffs easier as doesnt have any. This is for those considering which is easier to remove. If you have a stubborn spot, try a little qd'er on a towel.

Largebore
08-02-2007, 06:28 AM
Thanks.. Once a month I can live with. The product does work well !

devst8
08-02-2007, 06:34 AM
does a wheel sealant really that better over a good wax/sealant?

I used to use the klasse twins on my wheels but now I use JS109 and love it. I may be wrong but does any good wax (ie: collinite) or sealant (Klasse, JS109) will do the same thing?

ScottB
08-02-2007, 06:47 AM
a carnauba wax could not live with those extreme heat shifts ... most sealants would probably keep up. I really dont know if there is an active ingredient in just wheel sealants to deal with heat over normal sealant.

ricka
08-02-2007, 09:27 AM
I'm with Surfer...Bought the DP Wheel Glaze but found spritzing with Aquawax does the same thing without the hassle of buffing out the wheels. In addition, the wheels still bead up after using AW and lasts just as long as Wheel Glaze.

Wheel Glaze is the only product I've bought here so far that I'm relatively disappointed in because of its application. If you're going to reapply weekly, AW is the choice for me.

Just my 2 cents.

D
08-02-2007, 09:53 AM
For those using AW, does it give the rims a shine? I notice DP gives a great shine on every rim I use it on.

ricka
08-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Excellent shine with AW. Personally I can't tell the difference between the shine of DP and AW.

D
08-02-2007, 10:01 AM
What about the shine of JS109 compared to AW and DP?

Largebore
08-02-2007, 10:12 AM
I give... What is JS109 ?

devst8
08-02-2007, 12:38 PM
What about the shine of JS109 compared to AW and DP?
from my personal experience, in durability, JS109 > Klasse > AW and in looks JS109 > AW > Klasse

MadOzodi
08-02-2007, 12:45 PM
I give... What is JS109 ?

+1

D
08-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Jetseal 109. Not sold by AG.